What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin "Apply" button not working in windows 11.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Socio

New Around Here
I was trying to update some settings on my router and noticed that the "Apply" button was not working. Decided to update the firmware, thinking that that was the problem, and was unable to do it; after selecting the file to upload nothing happen, tried several times. Try to reset the router thinking that this was the issue with no luck as the "Reboot" button did not work either, did a manual reset, but this did not solve the problem. Used the Asus App and was able to reset the router and change the setting but not update it. Also used different browsers, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, with no luck. Then use a Windows 10 computer as well as an android tablet and they both worked; was able to update the firmware and change settings. After the firmware update, the "Apply" and "Restart" buttons are still not working in Windows 11.

Does anyone else have this problem with Windows 11?

AsustWRT-Merlin from 386.7_2 to 386.8

Router- RT-AX88U.

OS- Windows 11 Pro, latest update.

Thanks.

I was trying to update some settings on my router and noticed that the "Apply" button was not working. Decided to update the firmware, thinking that that was the problem, and was unable to do it; after selecting the file to upload nothing happen, tried several times. Try to reset the router thinking that this was the issue with no luck as the "Reboot" button did not work either, did a manual reset, but this did not solve the problem. Used the Asus App and was able to reset the router and change the setting but not update it. Also used different browsers, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera, with no luck. Then use a Windows 10 computer as well as an android tablet and they both worked; was able to update the firmware and change settings. After the firmware update, the "Apply" and "Restart" buttons are still not working in Windows 11.

Router- RT-AX88U.

Thanks.

FWIW I'm having an issue lately with Win10 Edge where certain links on this forum do not highlight and select until I scroll them or adjust the mouse selector a bit. This is new and not normal and I'm sort of suspecting an MS update issue, especially given last Sunday's 9/4 MS update that caused false threat alerts when using the browser.

OE

@ Socio: Make sure your router's time zone settings are correct (in Administration/System). It has been known to get corrupted and prevent settings from being saved. In fact, try setting it to Greenwich Mean Time (+0) and Apply. Then make your other changes. If that fixes your issues, you can go back to set your correct TZ.

Router- RT-AX88U.

Thanks.
FWIW I'm having an issue lately with Win10 Edge where certain links on this forum do not highlight and select until I scroll them or adjust the mouse selector a bit. This is new and not normal and I'm sort of suspecting an MS update issue, especially given last Sunday's 9/4 MS update that caused false threat alerts when using the browser.

OE
I have the same problem and it's so frustrating. The only difference is that I'm using a Macbook Pro. I have installed the newest firmware and installed Astrill on the router but I can't use it because of this flaw. Have you got any solution? I can't change the time zone either as it was suggested by @Ronald Schwerer

I have the same problem and it's so frustrating. The only difference is that I'm using a Macbook Pro. I have installed the newest firmware and installed Astrill on the router but I can't use it because of this flaw. Have you got any solution? I can't change the time zone either as it was suggested by @Ronald Schwerer

My post was about my browser and this forum, not about routers.

If your router is misbehaving, start troubleshooting by ensuring you reset the firmware to its defaults before you configure it from scratch.

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)

OE

Router- RT-AX88U.

Thanks.
Are you able to "tab" over to the Apply button, and hit "enter" by chance? Certainly pretty weird... first thought is making sure you don't have any addons enabled that might be limiting things, but you've tried different browsers. I would also recommend making sure you have turned any AV or firewalls off on your local device (just to test)... I know with mine (bitdefender) can sometimes be a pain with devices on the local network/wifi, and have to whitelist the local subnet, or at least mark it as my "home network", and not some unsecure coffee shop wifi network.