What's new

ASUSWRT - Merlin ddclient issue (invalid value for keyword 'ip')

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

CMWoodman

New Around Here
I have a startup script on my router (RT-N66U) that tags up with OpenDNS and updates my IP there. It has worked flawlessly for months, then noticed that i was not getting updates from OpenDNS. I checked the logs and noticed i was getting this error:

file /opt/var/cache/ddclient/ddclient.cache, line 3: Invalid Value for keyword 'ip' = ''

even though i was not that far off of the revs. i went ahead and installed the latest firmware for ASUSWrt - Merlin (380.57) that has not seemed to help. I have rebuilt my config file (checked the rights) even went so far to rebuild my start up scripts (has some clean up to do anyways) but i still cant get past this error.

has anyone seen this

ddclient is not part of the firmware. We'd need to know where you installed it from, and what your custom script looks like.

the ddclient i installed was part of the optware package (instructions on installing after optware are here)

Here is what the init-script i use looks like:

#!/bin/sh
logger -t Init-Start "starting init-start script"
cru a ScheduledReboot "0 2 * * 0 /sbin/reboot"
ddclient -daemon 3000 -syslog

not real glamorous

That seems to be a bug with ddclient. If you google "Invalid Value for keyword 'ip'" + "ddclient", you'll find lots of people having the issue. Is there a reason you're using optware instead of entware? Entware has newer packages, as far as I know, maybe try it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!