What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin mirror site available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, without Merlin's approval it is not a good idea. You are well intended but your security can not be proven. You may want to use the space for something else.

My security? what exactly do you mean?

Sorry, without Merlin's approval it is not a good idea. You are well intended but your security can not be proven. You may want to use the space for something else.
Couldn't agree more - biggest risk to any owner of a router is to flash compromised firmware.

Will you comply if asked to undo what you've done?
You really should've asked before taking it upon yourself to be so magnanimous/helpful.

Mirroring software has been done since the beginning of the net to spread the geographic load...

From my location i get max. 1MBps download from either SF or the onedrive sites. A set of global mirrors would be a good thing.

Will you comply if asked to undo what you've done?
You really should've asked before taking it upon yourself to be so magnanimous/helpful.
No need for such a paranoia… it’s the internet after all and everybody is free to do and download from wherever they find it most useful. Or at least it used to be that way. Mirroring has been done for ages and it’s actually a good thing… even as a simple backup.
plus as said people can always double check hash…

So sad people always start with assuming the worst!

Mirroring software has been done since the beginning of the net to spread the geographic load...

From my location i get max. 1MBps download from either SF or the onedrive sites. A set of global mirrors would be a good thing.
Where is this mirror located? Who would benefit from the proximity, where Microsoft or Sourceforge haven’t penetrated yet? Just seems like an odd way to introduce yourself.

@dave14305 this is my third post to this forum. First was a question. Second was a minor diff to the code where I was also informed by numerous people I was wasting my time. Its almost as though new people contributing time and resources are person non grata...

Where is this mirror located? Who would benefit from the proximity, where Microsoft or Sourceforge haven’t penetrated yet? Just seems like an odd way to introduce yourself.
The server is in Bavaria near Nuremburg per my search.

@dave14305 this is my third post to this forum. First was a question. Second was a minor diff to the code where I was also informed by numerous people I was wasting my time. Its almost as though new people contributing time and resources are person non grata...
If you hang out here long enough, you may learn that the Merlin project is highly guarded, for better or worse. Many users benefit from the project, but contributing is challenging because of the continual dependency on upstream Asus code. If this was a fork never to be updated from Asus again, a lot more “small stuff” could happen without future worry. But that’s not what Merlin is.

So, welcome, but please let us know where the mirror is located.

If you hang out here long enough, you may learn that the Merlin project is highly guarded, for better or worse. Many users benefit from the project, but contributing is challenging because of the continual dependency on upstream Asus code. If this was a fork never to be updated from Asus again, a lot more “small stuff” could happen without future worry. But that’s not what Merlin is.

So, welcome, but please let us know where the mirror is located.
Its more like expressing a different opinion is what this forum has a problem with And not particularly what the firmware is and how merlin does things. I generally don’t post but I do read daily all major topics and discussions here and in my opinion that is the case. Not to mention that there are some “senior” members here that are very aggressive with their statements to new users.

I would think if @RMerlin would be that desperate to add another mirror site, he would probably not be asking volunteers in the forum to do so. My 2 cents.

Its more like expressing a different opinion is what this forum has a problem with And not particularly what the firmware is and how merlin does things. I generally don’t post but I do read daily all major topics and discussions here and in my opinion that is the case. Not to mention that there are some “senior” members here that are very aggressive with their statements to new users.
There’s definitely a changing of the guard on this forum. Maybe it’s pandemic fatigue, but several of the furniture members don’t post so often anymore.

There’s definitely a changing of the guard on this forum. Maybe it’s pandemic fatigue, but several of the furniture members don’t post so often anymore.
Maybe it is because many of the posters ignore the rules. Written and unwritten. Something like stop signs. They are just recommendations, right?

It is hard to believe that I have been around long enough to have the furniture moniker. Some days I think I, too, will just stop posting. Some will not miss me as I am getting more stubborn and opinionated in my old age. Having recently dodged COVID I am beginning to see that I have to enjoy life more. My mother, though, still says I am not old (she will be 99 this year). And I still enjoy playing with computers and hardware!
So, stay tuned. The younger folks may still evoke my wrath if Tim does not put me in the time out chair....