What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin on ZenWiFi Pro ET12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lainbutcher

New Around Here
Hello, there is a need to buy ZenWiFi Pro ET12 or XT12. I don't use stock firmware from Asus, only from Merlin. I didn't find any firmware from Merlin on ZenWiFi Pro ET12, please tell me if Asuswrt-Merlin firmware is planned for ZenWiFi Pro ET12 or should I buy XT12?

but need firmware for ET12.
[FAQ] READ ME FIRST before posting a question
Q: Will you add support for model XYZ?
A: The decision whether or not to support a new model depend on a long list of factors, which may evolve over time. Right now:

- It needs to be Broadcom-based
- It needs to be widely available (not just in two or three countries)
- It needs to have high-end hardware so I don't have to fight with lack of flash or RAM
- It needs to receive frequent enough GPLs so I won't have to regularly skip it due to the GPL being outdated
- I need to have one
- I need to have the time to try supporting it
- I need to have the motivation to try supporting it

Each new model requires its own dedicated support. That means every time I work on a new firmware release, I have to work on each separate model, and I need GPL releases from Asus for each individual model, and I need to merge each of them separately. So that means if I support 10 different routers, then I need to merge in the content of 10 different GPL releases, and these need to be close enough to one another to still be compatible. The more models I support, the harder this is to accomplish, therefore I am VERY conservative regarding adding any new model.

So don't ask if/when a new model will be supported. I cannot speculate about future model support, and until I have working support for a model, I cannot answer that question.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/wiki/FAQ
Q: Will you support router "RT-xXX" from Asus?
A: Most likely not. Without having an actual router to test with, building a firmware that people would flash without me having at least confirmed it can be flashed at all would be far too risky.

It seems there are some AXE-11000 firmware available on merlin website, but I'm not sure how to figure out the model number of my Asus ET12 Pro. I'm assuming it is AXE11000_Pro. any idea how do i confirm it?

Here another ET12 user that would like a merlin version for his router ;);). No need for USB support here. I have a Synology DS1522+ for those kind of services.

Merrlin works well on my AXE1100 so far no trouble been super stable , All the model numbers are confusing at times , several models with different names but the same hardware , have made the mistske of downloading the wrong FW a few times

Merrlin works well on my AXE1100 so far no trouble been super stable , All the model numbers are confusing at times , several models with different names but the same hardware , have made the mistske of downloading the wrong FW a few times
thanks for the update! i'm on the asus OS so far and haven't faced any issues so sticking to it. thanks to your note, I know i can come and get merlin fw when something goes wrong or I want more capability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!