What's new

Asuswrt Official - RT-AC68U - Turn Off LEDS - Cron Job

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shauno100

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to turn off all of the LEDS on the AC68U using cron jobs in the Asuswrt stock firmware for AC68U?

I know it can be done on Asuswrt Merlin (stealthmode) and Shibbys Tomato via a modified script but i was wondering if i could run some commands via a cron job to turn off the LEDS at a set time and back on in the official firmware.

Thanks in advance

Shaun

i managed to get it working although it was alot of stuffing around using the below if anyone was interested.

TURN OFF LEDS
led_ctrl 0 0 #Turn off Power LED
wl -i eth1 leddc 1 #Turn off 2.4Ghz LED
wl -i eth2 leddc 1 #Turn off 5Ghz LED
et robowr 0x00 0x1a 0x1e0 #Ethernet LEDS off
et robowr 0x00 0x18 0x1e0 #Ethernet LEDS off
led_ctrl 10 0 #Turn off Rear ASUS Logo LED
led_ctrl 9 0 #Cant remember exactly if this was the number i used but it successfully turned off USB LED

TURN ON LEDS
led_ctrl 0 1 #Turn on Power LED
wl -i eth1 leddc 0 #Turn on 2.4Ghz LED
wl -i eth2 leddc 0 #Turn on 5Ghz LED
et robowr 0x00 0x18 0x1ff #Ethernet LEDS on
et robowr 0x00 0x1a 0x1ff #Ethernet LEDS on
led_ctrl 10 1 #Turn on Rear ASUS Logo LED

I put these into 2 scripts LEDSOFF.sh and LEDSON.sh and placed them into /jffs/scripts and set them as executable

I then created 2 cron jobs and scheduled the above scripts to run at specified times each day. Everything worked, only thing that didn't was the cron jobs were wiped after a reboot as the stock firmware clears the contents of /var/spool/cron/crontabs

I then came across https://www.securityforrealpeople.com/2015/08/cron-on-asus.html which mentions a USB mount feature of the stock firmware that you can run commands/scripts from, so i set it to copy a file containing the 2 cron jobs from /jffs to /var/spool/cron/crontabs which effectively reactivated the 2 cron jobs upon reboot. Only downpoint is the USB flash drive needs to be plugged in at all times for this to work.

Cheers

Shaun

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!