What's new

ASUSwrt reinstallation issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pkdick

New Around Here
Hello RMerlin,

I have bought recently an ASUS Rt-AC56U router. I first tried to install a TOMATO firmware (advanced Tomato), using a procedure described on http://blog.tigercore.net/?p=5 webpage, but now I am trying to come back to the ASUSwrt firmware: despite I tried to clear NVRAM before flashing, I am getting a router that seems to to be full operational... As a matter of fact, I cannot get access to the ssh console, or even install your firmware using the normal menu... It seems that I have always to use recovery procedure: I am also forced to use the restoration tool as the recovery webpage seems not to be "stable" (I try to connect, the page briefly appears and then I get the "not connected" error).

Do you have a piec of clue ?
Thank you in advance.

When moving to a completely different firmware, the Firmware Recovery tool is usually the recommended method.

Dear RMerlin,

I tried many times using Firefox as the Browser, then I found that the connection seemd to be more stable with Internet Explorer (maybe due to some Firefox extension) to get connected to the recovery console. I guess that flashing Tomato was "changing" a lot of things as I saw many "strange" things when I tried to put the router in recovery mode: the led was blinking but slowier than normal...

Now, it seems that after 3 flashing trials that things are going a bit better. The router reacts better when I modify its settings (i.e. the settings are actually applied...), but there is still a problem: I plugged a 4GB USB stick (ext2 formatted) that is identified by the router (general page), but does not appear when I try to install Download Master (for optware availability)... I tried to manually install Optware (using a Asuswrt.eu tutorial) and I got errors (the install started but was interrupted) .. As a linux newbie, I would be grateful to get some help to work out this situation (what to check and what to do...).

Thank you in advance for your support !

Best regards,