What's new

Atheros Chipset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also note that Atheros have merged with Qualcomm in recent years.

I don't think Qualcomm ever released their own WiFi chip - they've integrated a number of different vendors over the years into their phone board support packages...

(Qualcomm did snap up a number of different chip companies over the years - Airgo, Ubicom, Bigfoot Networks, amongst others...) - QCOM has merged most of their stuff under the QC-Atheros brand for WiFi, so a search for Atheros is good enough..

Anyways - getting back on topic - the R7800/R9000 are the hotness now days for QCA solutions - they were also part/parcel of an R7500 variant if I recall...

I don't think Qualcomm ever released their own WiFi chip - they've integrated a number of different vendors over the years into their phone board support packages...

(Qualcomm did snap up a number of different chip companies over the years - Airgo, Ubicom, Bigfoot Networks, amongst others...) - QCOM has merged most of their stuff under the QC-Atheros brand for WiFi, so a search for Atheros is good enough..

Anyways - getting back on topic - the R7800/R9000 are the hotness now days for QCA solutions - they were also part/parcel of an R7500 variant if I recall...
I'm just curious what has that chipset.
Thanks for the reply!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!