What's new

Ausus AX3000 QoS Bandwidth Limiter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fishface

Occasional Visitor
On Giagabit fiber, no issues with overall LAN to WAN speed.

RT-AX3000
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.386_41700-gb567bc9

AX3000 Operation Mode Wireless Router 192.168.1.1 IP.
One of the LAN ports I have connected to a Asus AC66U B1 WAN port which configured as an Access Point - all works as expected.

I want to limit the bandwidth going from the AX3000 to the AC66U, so I enable QoS and select the AC66U from drop down menu, and set upload and download limits to 5Mbps as low end test,and then hit apply.

Using a client connected to the AP (a laptop), I measure between 35Mpbs and 70Mbps, the figures we normally see when running a speed test from this laptop - why am I not seeing 5Mbps? The only address configured is the AC66U.

If I then add the client (the laptop) to the QoS entries, it then does limit the bandwidth, but what I would like to achieve is to limit all bandwidth from the AX3000 to the AC66U - is there away to do this?

Previously I had a Netgear with Tomato Shibbly on it and had no problem doing this.

Using a client connected to the AP (a laptop), I measure between 35Mpbs and 70Mbps, the figures we normally see when running a speed test from this laptop - why am I not seeing 5Mbps? The only address configured is the AC66U.
Because the AP clients are bridged onto the LAN. Their traffic isn't coming from the AP's IP address. The only way to restrict the WiFi clients connected to the AP would be to use a bandwidth limiter on the AP itself.

I don't know whether that option is available in AP mode.

EDIT: Checking this it doesn't appear to be an option in AP mode.

Last edited:
Ah, makes sense, and no, the Limiter isn't available in AP mode. :(

Guess I'm stuck, of course I can set limit to each client, but we have lots of kids with multiple devices, before, with Tomato firmware, it was easy to manage all this, I just that up to have a 100Mbps link and then I let the kids fight it out for a slice of that 100Mbps.

Now, I will have to divvy it up per client I guess.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!