What's new

Auto logout not working as intended?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rocketboy235

Regular Contributor
It seems like someone else has been experiencing this issue since 3004.388.4.

I would think that the auto logout time would still be enforced even if you close the browser before the 30 minutes is up once 30 minutes has passed.
I don't recall seeing this behavior on the 386 firmware but maybe my memory isn't great. Anyone else agree it should just log you out after 30 minutes regardless if you have the tab open or not?

Seems like I am still logged into the web interface on my AX86U running 388.5 and haven't needed to login for at least several days now.

It's never worked properly for me, and still doesn't.

If I login to the router, close the browser tab and then return after a few hours, it gets into some weird state where some things are shown and others are blank.

E.g.
The Tools/Sysinfo page always seems to work and gets updated.
The network map shows internet status, memory & CPU usage, but the traffic is blank.
The syslog page show a strange chunk of HTML
If I go to the Addons/scMerlin page, I immediately get logged out and asked to login again

It's never worked properly for me, and still doesn't.
It's always been like that for me too... Both on Asus Firmware and Merlin - all the way back to at least my previous RT-AC68U - and probably even before then...

The latest Alpha Build for my RT-AX86U (3004.388.6_alpha1-gb287d474ae) seems to have fixed the Auto Logout. Now everytime I go to the browser IP it's asking me to login fresh without having logged out during the last sesssion - just as expected...
Before it would work for a couple of days and eventually it would be in the funky state described where some stuff works and some (e.g. viewing logs) does not...