spdMerlin Auto QoS adjustment feature in spdMerlin

• ATTENTION! You'll notice a Prefix dropdown when you create a thread. If your post applies to one of the topics listed, please use that Prefix for your post. When browsing the thread list you can use the Prefix to filter the view.
  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
I've just reinstalled spdMerlin and I see that there are a lot of new features. One question I have is, if I want to try the new feature to automatically adjust the QoS settings, does that work with the standard Adaptive QoS or do I need to install one of the QoS enhancements from the amtm menu? In either case, how should the QoS settings be configured? I'm uploading a couple of images showing how the QoS settings are currently configured.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 05_02_2021 , 13_14_31.png
    Screenshot - 05_02_2021 , 13_14_31.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot - 05_02_2021 , 13_14_51.png
    Screenshot - 05_02_2021 , 13_14_51.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 105

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
What router? What firmware?

If you have the 386.1_0 codebase or later, I don't think BW (auto) is working well right now (unless you're on the dev branches for all the scripts that need to interact to pull this feat off).

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
What router? What firmware?

If you have the 386.1_0 codebase or later, I don't think BW (auto) is working well right now (unless you're on the dev branches for all the scripts that need to interact to pull this feat off).
My router is an RT-AX88U and the firmware is 386.1_0

Paul4747

Occasional Visitor
One other question is what the threshold setting is and the scale factor setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210213-043409_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210213-043409_Chrome.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 86

Jack Yaz

Part of the Furniture
I've just reinstalled spdMerlin and I see that there are a lot of new features. One question I have is, if I want to try the new feature to automatically adjust the QoS settings, does that work with the standard Adaptive QoS or do I need to install one of the QoS enhancements from the amtm menu? In either case, how should the QoS settings be configured? I'm uploading a couple of images showing how the QoS settings are currently configured.
Needs Adaptive QoS enabled, FlexQoS isn't required but highly recommended

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!