What's new

Auto Reconnect VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sephiclo

Occasional Visitor
Would it be at all possible to have my Ax86u that I use as a vpn client (merlin flashed) to reconnect the vpn after a short internet outage? My modem/router combo from my ISP resets at least once a day. In my openvpn settings I only see to reconnect at boot, instead of what I used to see on my older Asus "start with Wan".

Set the retry attempts to 0. My client reconnects whether the router goes down, the modem goes down, the server goes down.

Thank you very much, it's exactly what I was looking for. It solves my problem, and gives me options I didn't even know I needed! O.O
If I could bother you one last time though. The autostart part of the script. I don't know how to do it :( I did cd in the terminal and I got to the folder where "post-mount" file is located.
For the love of all IT stuff, I do not know how to open/edit/add a line to that file.
Could you help please?

Set the retry attempts to 0. My client reconnects whether the router goes down, the modem goes down, the server goes down.
Thank you, but did that step. I get aut_failed in the logs, and it stops trying after that.

Thank you very much, it's exactly what I was looking for. It solves my problem, and gives me options I didn't even know I needed! O.O
If I could bother you one last time though. The autostart part of the script. I don't know how to do it :( I did cd in the terminal and I got to the folder where "post-mount" file is located.
For the love of all IT stuff, I do not know how to open/edit/add a line to that file.
Could you help please?

I added some guidance on what to add under this post here... https://www.snbforums.com/threads/v...-surfshark-perfectprivacy-2.79762/post-776164

When you're in an SSH prompt, under the /jffs/scripts folder, use the command:

Code:
nano post-mount

Edit the line of code... then hit:

CTRL+O to save... then CTRL+X to exit

Thank you very much for your help everyone, this script is perfect!
I found another way to add that line for the autostart whilst inside the /jffs/scripts folder.

echo "(sleep 30 && /jffs/scripts/vpnmon-r2.sh
-screen) &" | tee -a post-mount

Rebooted the router, killed the modem, restarted it, and everything is back as it should be with the VPN even though I had the AUT_Failed that kept the vpn from reconnecting earlier.
Consider the matter closed, me very impressed.

The internet freaking ROCKS!

Thank you very much for your help everyone, this script is perfect!

Consider the matter closed, me very impressed.

The internet freaking ROCKS!

Keep on rockin'. ;)

Ctrl+s is a shorter shortcut on the keyboard and it saves directly what you have edited. Instead of extra option to choose what file to save to. Just saying : D