What's new

Auto selection of Wifi channel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mpuk7

Regular Contributor
Hi all,
I noticed that all the neighbouring networks have their 2.4GHz channel as 1, the same as me with just one on 11. All the strongest ones are on 1, if it's set to Auto should it be switching to a less used channel automatically as I wondered whether there'd be any benefit if I was to change it to a mid range one like 6 or possibly 11 manually?

Many thanks

Attachments

• Site Survey.png
    Site Survey.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 862
What screen is that? I ask as I've seen it posted here before but it doesn't match anything I have with my AC86U. I have a similar screen, which actually has more information, with the WiFi Radar page, but nothing like what you've posted here.

Thanks

I think it might be exclusive to the Merlin firmware, I don't know for sure. Mine's an AC66U so would have thought yours would have the same feature.
It's the last tab under Wireless (see attached)

Attachments

• Site Survey 2.png
    Site Survey 2.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 831
I wondered whether there'd be any benefit if I was to change it to a mid range one like 6
At least a theoretical benefit. Try it--it is free to test!

I think it might be exclusive to the Merlin firmware, I don't know for sure. Mine's an AC66U so would have thought yours would have the same feature.
It's the last tab under Wireless (see attached)
I have the latest Merlin firmware on my AC86U and I guess it just displays differently on that model.