What's new

Automatically starting programs at reboot or after power failure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrisisbd

Occasional Visitor
Is there a 'standard' way of starting programs in Asuswrt-merlin after a power cycle or reboot? Alternatively does /etc/rc.local get run at boot time?

I'm also wondering if 'Diversion' doesn't actually need to be run as it's just a way of configuring dnsmasq.

Ah, yes, thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for and my web searching had failed to find!

Yes, I realise that Diversion is more than dnsmasq tuning. What I was trying to be sure about was that one doesn't need to actually run Diversion for it to work. Running 'diversion' configures it and, presumably, if you exit then what you have configured continues to work and will work the same after a reboot/restart.

Yes, configure it once, and let it run.

Hi, I'm trying to execute my script when the WAN's state is connected. I have the wan-event script and a wan0-connected script and when I reboot the router, the script doesn't get executed. How can I troubleshoot this ?

Hi, I'm trying to execute my script when the WAN's state is connected. I have the wan-event script and a wan0-connected script and when I reboot the router, the script doesn't get executed. How can I troubleshoot this ?

Additionally make sure that Custom Scripts are enabled in the GUI. Look in the router's System Log for entries like this:
Code:
Sep 26 14:35:06 custom_script: Running openvpn-event