What's new

AX 11000 5ghz stays on 20mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokie

Regular Contributor
OK so I sent back my faulty router and got another one today. I have configured it with smart connect on and set my 2.4 GHz to 20/40 channel width. My 2 5ghz channels are set to 20/40/80/160 and both have enabled 160mhz ticked. Control channel and extension channel set to Auto as you can see in the pics.

The problem is that one of my 5ghz channel widths is 80mhz and the other one is 20mhz. I tried to manually change it to 80 and 160 but it stays at 20. On my old router before I sent it back I could manually set both channels to 160mhz without any issues. Maybe I'm missing or forgot something?? Also when I walk to the back garden for example with my phone its obviously dropping to the 2.4ghz as my connection speed drops to about 30 but distance is only about 50 feet and nothing loads. I would expect the 2.4ghz to go a lot further than that. watching youtube videos and there is guys connecting to there one from across the street and still getting great speeds. My old RT AC 5300 I could connect from nearly 50 yards away

See attached screenshots.
upload_2020-5-11_16-20-52.png

upload_2020-5-11_16-21-18.png

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!