What's new

AX 11000 - Changing Operation Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

statman28

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a AX 11000 that I am currently using as a access point. I would like to change its function to Wireless Router Mode. An updated 5G modem has allowed me switch it into Bridge mode. The old one was firmware locked hence I had to use my AX11000 only as an access point. My question is do I need to factory reset the AX11000 when I switch it to Wireless Router Mode or will it keep all its info such as wifi connections? Would be great if I didn't have to connect all my devices that I have in the house all over again. I do have 2 ZenWifi AX nodes connected to it as well.

Thanks,

Hi,

I have a AX 11000 that I am currently using as a access point. I would like to change its function to Wireless Router Mode. An updated 5G modem has allowed me switch it into Bridge mode. The old one was firmware locked hence I had to use my AX11000 only as an access point. My question is do I need to factory reset the AX11000 when I switch it to Wireless Router Mode or will it keep all its info such as wifi connections? Would be great if I didn't have to connect all my devices that I have in the house all over again. I do have 2 ZenWifi AX nodes connected to it as well.

Thanks,

You are building a new network. Flash the current firmware, reset it to its factory defaults, and configure it from scratch. If you want your clients to use their current WiFi connections, set those WiFi SSIDs and passwords on the new network. But be prepared to forget and recreate some client connections to troubleshoot any connection issues they might have... clients can be particular.

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

If you delete the nodes from the current AiMesh, they will reset automatically and are then ready to add to the new AiMesh. But later, you might want to update their firmware, delete them again to reset them, and then add them back to the new AiMesh.

Me, I would follow the 'upgrade firmware' steps at the end of my install notes for a clean upgrade.

OE

Last edited:
You are building a new network. Flash the current firmware, reset it to its factory defaults, and configure it from scratch. If you want your clients to use their current WiFi connections, set those WiFi SSIDs and passwords on the new network. But be prepared to forget and recreate some client connections to troubleshoot any connection issues they might have... clients can be particular.

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

If you delete the nodes from the current AiMesh, they will reset automatically and are then ready to add to the new AiMesh. But later, you might want to update their firmware, delete them again to reset them, and then add them back to the new AiMesh.

Me, I would follow the 'upgrade firmware' steps at the end of my install notes for a clean upgrade.

OE
Thanks for the info. I’ll do a fresh start.

cheers,

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!