What's new

AX-82U Losing connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jaypr9

New Around Here
Hi All,

I've recently purchased the AX-82U, I had installed this as my main router and now the AC-86U was used as a node (I've also tried setting it as a access point, with same results). The problem is anything connected to the 82U was working fine but anything connected to the 86U was losing connections around every 30-40 mins. Wired and wireless. The log was giving me the error Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8) .

Now I did a search an found out the some where along the way Asus changed something and even some on the newer firmwares for the 82U was having this issue. My only solution was to take the ac86u router and use that one as my main router and the new ax82u router as the node since that router is newer and the oldest firmware I could find was around May of this year.

Anyone have any other solutions so I can have the ax-82u as my main, since I'm losing out on some of the features of the router? Or is this something I just have to wait until Asus decided to fix their firmware?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I've recently purchased the AX-82U, I had installed this as my main router and now the AC-86U was used as a node (I've also tried setting it as a access point, with same results). The problem is anything connected to the 82U was working fine but anything connected to the 86U was losing connections around every 30-40 mins. Wired and wireless. The log was giving me the error Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8) .

Now I did a search an found out the some where along the way Asus changed something and even some on the newer firmwares for the 82U was having this issue. My only solution was to take the ac86u router and use that one as my main router and the new ax82u router as the node since that router is newer and the oldest firmware I could find was around May of this year.

Anyone have any other solutions so I can have the ax-82u as my main, since I'm losing out on some of the features of the router? Or is this something I just have to wait until Asus decided to fix their firmware?

Thanks!

What does 'losing connection' mean? Wired clients don't typically lose their connection.

Given you tried AP Mode (also troubled), you must have a wired backhaul. Is it defective? Have you tried a different wire? Have you tried a wireless backhaul?

What firmware? Did you reset it before configuring it from scratch? Did you reset the node before adding it?

OE

So all wireless would lose connection. Wired would latency would sky rocket where discord would show 500+ ping and games would lose connection.

Things I've tried when I had the ax82u as the main. I've tried changing the cables and also tried just wireless connection only with the same results. I've installed the latest firmware, also tried tech support from Asus where they suggested I enable Jumbo Frames which for some reason was not available on the latest firmware so I installed the previous version and that still did not work.

As said of right now I'm back to using my 86u as the main because I can use an older firmware (using Merlin 384.13) as I heard that was the last version before some of these problems started to happen.

I read you posts twice , which router is the issue because you clearly state it's the 82U , then later it is the 86u losing connection?

I read you posts twice , which router is the issue because you clearly state it's the 82U , then later it is the 86u losing connection?

Sorry these router names get confusing. It's when the 82u is connected as the main router that I'm having these issues.

The 86u would also give me issues with the newest firmware so I've downgraded to Merlin 384.13 which works fine.

Ultimately they both have the same issue. It's just I can downgrade the firmware to a previous version for the 86u to get it stable.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!