What's new

AX-86U kernel: invalid dirty_p detected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NotJackieChan

New Around Here
Hi SNB

I have just set up my new ax-86u router. My syslog is full of the message kernel: invalid dirty_p detected with various codes following.
I can't find any suggestion of the cause on these forums or google. I have tried rebooting the router, turning off all additional functions (AIprotection, QoS), and a factory reset.
When I am playing games i get lag spikes associated with flurries of this message.

Any suggestions as to the cause of this message?

Many thanks

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    407.9 KB · Views: 162
This has started flooding the log on mine too and seems to have messed up badwidth usage reporting. Worked fine after the most recent update and only seemed to start happening a couple of days ago after trying out adaptive QoS settings... I'll try a full reset tonight, or might even brave the Merlin Alpha...

It's probably worth raising a ticket with Asus support if you've already tried a factory reset.

/edit
I think mine started happening because I set the guest network to limit bandwidth which worked perfectly, then the other day when I enabled adaptive QoS it seemed to break everything. I've just tried enabling the bandwidth limiter QoS setting and added a client and this seemed to fix it again. Bandwidth monitor page is showing correct usage now (was previously showing no usage for something that was saturating my connection)
Presumably this with fix the traffic analyser > statistic page for me too (this was showing 10MB usage an hour typically when it should've been 20+GB)

Last edited:
Interestingly i haven't even touched the guest network on mine. I have forwarded all settings files to asus support. Let's see what they think of it.

This is happening to me too on a newly set up AX86U also. I have also set up a guest network. I may have toggled the bandwidth limiter for it but decided to turn it off as I'm tired of manually micromanaging devices. I'm using the "Work at home" QoS setting. My bandwidth limiter and statistics page is messed up too. Running on the latest firmware.

This is happening to me too on a newly set up AX86U also. I have also set up a guest network. I may have toggled the bandwidth limiter for it but decided to turn it off as I'm tired of manually micromanaging devices. I'm using the "Work at home" QoS setting. My bandwidth limiter and statistics page is messed up too. Running on the latest firmware.
where do you find "work at home"QoS setting? Web or app?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!