What's new

AX 86U Lan disables

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joseywales

New Around Here
Hi all oddly when I turn off my desk top connected to my AX86U via Ethernet some how all my devices wired and wireless lose internet connectivity. After 5-10 minutes everything comes up again it’s like the router restarted. My AX is connected to my AC68 via Ethernet backhaul (AIMESH). This is what I got from the log files when I shut down my PC :
Sep 28 21:33:33 kernel: eth1 (Ext switch port: 0) (Logical Port: 8) (phyId: 8) Link DOWN.
Sep 28 21:33:33 kernel: br0: port 4(eth1) entered disabled state
Sep 28 21:33:33 kernel: br2: port 5(eth1.502) entered disabled state

As I understand it seems all my ports were disabled to include my backhaul port. I changed out my ethernet cable with a new one and even tried moving it to a different port still happens almost everyday. Both routers are running 386.3_2.

Does it do the same if you just unplug the Ethernet cable without turning off the PC? If not it may be the PC lan adaptor.

Yeap it does it when I disconnect the ethernet cable. Great trouble shooting advice.
Well, that proves it is likely not the PC's network adapter. Sometimes trouble shooting advice does seem odd but in the end it is necessary to eliminate trouble points.

Does the problem happen regardless of the LAN port, 4 GB or the 2.5 GB, connected to? My reason for this is to see if there is a single bad LAN port which would indicate a hardware problem.

You might try a power cycle of the AX86U. Pull the plug from the wall socket, have a coffee or other beverage and power up. Might re-flash the firmware, too

You are on Merlin firmware. Have you tried Asus firmware for the router and AiMesh node? Before you say no way the Asus firmware for the AX86U now has DoT and DNS Filter. Soon to have Wireguard VPN.

However, it still could be a hardware fault which you would need to talk with Asus about. Likely you are still under warranty.

Thanks for all that information, I think I might have found the culprit I'm still testing. I found another thread a user advised to disable AI protection and after one test the connections were still active. I will need to test a few more times to see if it is the problem or if I was just lucky that one time. To answer some of your questions it does happen regardless the LAN port and I don't use the 2.5 WAN port. I will be power cycling my AX86U in a few minutes. I had thought about going back to ASUS firmware, its like you read my mind, but it will be the last TS step I do. Thanks for your input really appreciate it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!