What's new

AX-88U - Enable port aggregation disables Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RouteItRight

New Around Here
Hi All

I've got an Asus AX-88U. After a recent software update (386.3_2) I lost all wifi connectivity. After a bit of Googling, I discovered that if I disable port aggregation for LAN ports 1 & 2, my wifi return. Looks like a bug in 386.3_2. Any other solutions out there to have Wifi and port aggregation?

Welcome to the forums @RouteItRight.

What firmware were you using before?

This is the first time I've heard of this issue, have you read the changelog for the firmware you flashed, for possible solutions or hints?

When was the last time you fully reset your network and router?

Asus 380 was the previous firmware and had the same problem. The problem likely has been there for a while.

There is nothing in the change log. As very few use port aggregation I doubt even Asus noticed it. Reset was done after the problem was discovered. A factory reset didn’t change the behaviour nor did a firmware reset

'Asus 380' isn't a firmware version I'm familiar with.

But if you're stating that you went from 380.xx level firmware to 386.xx level firmware without doing a full reset to factory defaults, that seems to be your problem right there.

Fully Reset / Best Practice Setup / More

How does that explain that if I turn on link aggregation wifi stops but if I turn off again, wifi starts working again.

Asus 380 was the previous firmware

There is no 380 code base firmware for RT-AX88U. The initial release was on 384 code base. When asking for help you have to be more specific. You need to reset your router to factory defaults and configure it manually afterwards. Before you do that and test again no one knows what's going on there.

I've gone through the exercise of resetting to factory and it still doesn't work. So if 384 was the base code, it was defective from factory.

It was manually set. Not much to it to test whether this works or not. Even with most everything set to default, turn on port aggregation, wifi networking no longer works. Turn off port aggregation and all works. Even if clients are attached to the wifi, they all are unable to access the network. It's as though all traffic is routed to no where.

You may have to wait for someone with the same router and configuration to reply to this thread.

Hi, i have RT-AX88U, on 3.0.0.4.386_45375 lan aggregation from port 1&2 to my NAS and no problem at all.

Either your customizations are not implemented correctly for the router/firmware or your hardware is bad.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Follow the suggestions in the link above and document (and share) in detail how you're setting up LAG on the router: that may give some hints on why it's not working for you (if the hardware is fine).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!