What's new

AX-92U extremely low upload speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ivank

New Around Here
Hi everyone,
I've changed internet provider and the tariff as well, from 300/30 Mb/s to 1000/1000 Mb/s (download/upload).
Now I face the bug with my AX-92U, both in mesh (wired) and single modes:
Upload speed of my ios devices is very low: from 3 up to 30 Mb/s...
I have:
- desktop connected via cable: it shows speed 900/900;
- 2 laptops (win10 and win11) via wifi (both with Intel modems): speed up to 900/900;
- 2 iphones 13 pro max, latest ios: speed up to 700/30;
- 2 ipads (gen 7 and pro 2018), latest ios: speed up to 600/30.
Have tried already:
- QoS: disabled and enabled in different modes;
- WiFi: auto and manual settings, including chanel control and bandwith;
- Hard reset for AX-92U and restore to factory network settings for ios devices;
- Firmware versions: 46061, 45934, 45898, 44695, 40451;
- Speed tests from Ookla and others, with auto and manual settings.
When I check my ios devices at work, I can see normal upload speed, up to 500 Mb/s.
That's why I decided that the issue is connected with AX-92U so I connected my old Asus AC-87U and... can see same problem, upload speed is up to 30 Mb/s max.
Do you have any thoughts what to try next?
I have no warranty for AX-92U already.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• SpeedTest.jpg
    SpeedTest.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 71
Welcome to the forums @ivank.

Go to Privacy settings, withdraw all permissions, reboot the router. Test again.

Thanks! Didn’t help unfortunately

Attachments

• 62C2FC6B-E3C9-4E85-A1C0-85950FF9E6CB.jpeg
    62C2FC6B-E3C9-4E85-A1C0-85950FF9E6CB.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 2D3326A6-B5B3-405B-90D4-98B345F04480.jpeg
    2D3326A6-B5B3-405B-90D4-98B345F04480.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 77
There have been others with the same issue on various ASUS routers. I saw one post where they reconfigured USB from 3.0 to 2.0 even though they didn't have anything plugged in to them and that fixed the upload speed issue. Didn't work for me but its easy enough to try if its still not working correctly.

Last edited:
There have been others with the same issue on various ASUS routers. I saw one port where they reconfigured USB from 3.0 to 2.0 even though they didn't have anything plugged in to them and that fixed the upload speed issue. Didn't work for me but its easy enough to try if its still not working correctly.
Thank you! Didn’t help as well. I’ll appreciate any new idea. Otherwise have to sell each Asus for 50% of its purchase price max. :( and to find something better :)

Disable Smart Connect and set a unique SSID for all three radios. Then only enable Auto Join in IOS for your 5 GHz networks. IOS and Smart Connect tend to get stuck on 2.4 GHz channel.

Disable Smart Connect and set a unique SSID for all three radios. Then only enable Auto Join in IOS for your 5 GHz networks. IOS and Smart Connect tend to get stuck on 2.4 GHz channel.
Thank you! Have tried it several times, restored IOS devices to factory network settings, connected to 5GHz only. No success, unfortunately

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!