What's new

AX11000 2.5G Port getting disconnected

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rlucho

Occasional Visitor
Hi! So i have 2 AX11000 in AiMesh mode, i have the node connected by ethernet backhaul to the main one using the 2.5G port, because i have dual wan (2 ISP´s) in balance mode (1000 mbps + 600 mbps) so triying to get the most out of it via wireless, but the node gets disconnections a couple times a week and i need to reboot the system (main router) from app or web GUI to get the node running again... Rn using a regular 1Gbps port i havn't had any disconnection, so im sure the problem is whe using 2.5G port backhaul. Rn now im using the latest Merlin Firmware. Any ideas how to fix this? What to check? I did factory reset both routers to see if that helped but no luck, also i don't have any special config besides the dual wan.

Might review this:

Something to contact ASUS support about for sure...

Might review this:

Something to contact ASUS support about for sure...
Yeah, but i went to ASUS website and didn't find an easy way to open a support ticket...

You might reach out to there support group on there community forums...

Hi, finally!!! I've been able to get the same set-up you use 2x GT-AX11000 working in AiMesh mode using the 2,5G ports. After months of disappointment the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_44266 is finally able to get it working.

Hi, finally!!! I've been able to get the same set-up you use 2x GT-AX11000 working in AiMesh mode using the 2,5G ports. After months of disappointment the latest firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_44266 is finally able to get it working.
Hi! That's good news! I will then switch from Merlin back to official if that's true! How long have you been running the new firmware? No node disconnections/disappearing? I hope they finally fixed the 2.5G port issues! Thanks again for letting me know! Will try it later today. I think is just flashing the firmware over my current merlin and then factory reset and config again right?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!