What's new

AX11000 odd question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TlemualC

New Around Here
Alright I have this router for home, wonderful fixed all our wireless problems. Finally got my boss convinced to upgrade the wireless in the shop, however our IT guy kinda sucks IMO... so got my boss to buy one of the mammoth monsters, then our IT guy tells me it wont work for us due to being a General Motors dealer and all the GM stuff does not play well with something called "Echoing" as he called it. So I spent some time trying to search though my home router settings, checking the good ol' google cant find anything about this Echoing. Is this something that even is a thing? maybe someone might know if it can be disabled?

The main issue I have with the routers our IT guy gets is they are so slow its painful to do anything. Especially when I have to update the software in a radio and download a 1-4 Gig file and it takes 30 mins or more. I work flat rate pay and this kind of delay in my work eats at my bottom line, not even considering the dealer I work for bottom line.

Welcome to the forums @TlemualC.

Don't worry about 'theory'. Why don't you just test the mammoth monster and see?

I have a feeling though that the wireless isn't the issue here. The slow CPU and borderline insufficient RAM of the radios, is.

Welcome to the forums @TlemualC.

Don't worry about 'theory'. Why don't you just test the mammoth monster and see?

I have a feeling though that the wireless isn't the issue here. The slow CPU and borderline insufficient RAM of the radios, is.
Absolutely agree, try and see what happens, not what my IT guy wants to do. Wants to play the I'm right thing. As far as the wireless being the issue, before I put the program in the vehicle I have to download from the net to the computer and our Service Programming System puts the program on a USB stick. The download takes a literal 30 min, then the usb install in the car can be 5min to an hour depending on the radio setup, and I get paid about 18 minutes of time to do the whole job. There was a hardwire coming down near me I plugged the laptop into did a speed test could get 95 mpbs download, jumped back on the wireless could only get 16 mpbs download, the wireless connection/router is our main slow down.

Thanks for the reply L&LD.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!