What's new

AX11000 Poor 2.4GHz Performance

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hyelton

Recently I noticed my 2.4GHz network is useless not sure for how long since I only really had used it for IoT devices.

Same room as the router 150mbps with 20mhz bw setting.
Leave the room next to it. 3mbps...
Downstairs connected but no zero data throughput

In comparsion to 5GHz Same room 900mbps
Room next door - 600mbps.
Downstairs - 80mbps.
Default settings fresh reset and even firmware reflash running merlin 386.3_2

Channel doesnt make a difference. Only 1 other WiFi network on 2.4ghz on channel 1 so its not congestion.

Low end router on 2.4GHz performs as expected and normally.

Any ideas?

In other stress testing about 450ft away outside even 5GHz is a champ and performs decently while 2.4GHz nothing.

Here’s the settings I use on my gt-ax11000

But airtime fairness being on sounds like the most probable thing.

A7D4DAC4-93E5-40F2-AD55-6BBDDA158A98.jpeg

485F88A0-8D4D-42BA-A92D-FE58F1FE9077.jpeg

Its disabled. Oddly when switching to 40MHz it fixes the issue. But putting it back down to 20MHz it breaks it again.

At 40mhz its pulling 400mbps (impressive for 2.4GHz) in the same room and 200mbps in the next room and works downstairs.

Its disabled. Oddly when switching to 40MHz it fixes the issue. But putting it back down to 20MHz it breaks it again.

At 40mhz its pulling 400mbps (impressive for 2.4GHz) in the same room and 200mbps in the next room and works downstairs.
Not sure why. But if your not living in a wifi congested area 40Mhz is better and say if you have a device that can only use 20Mhz then it will still only use 20Mhz of that 40Mhz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!