What's new

AX11000 PRO SPEED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cary5500

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys my Ax86u blew up and I got a solid deal on a Ax11000 PRO.

One issue I’m seeing is I’ve lost around 100MBPS Vs my Ax86U - Tested on stock updated firmware and MERLIN 3.0.0.4.388.2_2

Am I missing a setting on this new router? Is this common? Should I of just gotten a AXE7800 LOL

Tried the 5G-2 channel and it’s much faster only 20mb slower than the Ax86u on average.

5Ghz-2 might have AX enabled. Play around with settings and you can see improved results.

Tried the 5G-2 channel and it’s much faster only 20mb slower than the Ax86u on average.

Depending on your local regulations 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 radios may have different Tx power restrictions. This router in Canada for example will have about 190mW on 5GHz-1 on channels 36-48 and about 900mW on 5GHz-2 on channels 149-161. This is perhaps where the difference is coming from.

Welcome to the forums @ItzJbenZ.

Yes, that is spot on.

Setting the Control Channel to manual and testing different channels (I suggest trying all) makes the WiFi reach its potential.

This is why I don't suggest using any WiFi analyzer 'app' to find the best channel. They can't show which channels are least utilized, and even if they do, they still can't account for any non-WiFi interference either. Only methodically and fully testing each control channel with a variety of client devices in a variety (but 'standard' spots) throughout the area of coverage is what will truly get any particular wireless network, 'optimized'.

Depending on your local regulations 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 radios may have different Tx power restrictions. This router in Canada for example will have about 190mW on 5GHz-1 on channels 36-48 and about 900mW on 5GHz-2 on channels 149-161. This is perhaps where the difference is coming from.
it is not a huge dif on my system 5.1 ch48 connects at 539mbps 5.2 ch 159 connects at 585 mbps computer is 40 feet distance from the router maybe 4 walls .

Hey guys my Ax86u blew up and I got a solid deal on a Ax11000 PRO.

One issue I’m seeing is I’ve lost around 100MBPS Vs my Ax86U - Tested on stock updated firmware and MERLIN 3.0.0.4.388.2_2

Am I missing a setting on this new router? Is this common? Should I of just gotten a AXE7800 LOL

Make sure universal beamforming is disabled on both frequencies. Same for airtime fairness (though that should be disabled by default). You can leave AC/AX (explicit) beamforming enabled.

50 feet through 4 walls is a challenge for 5ghz though. Maybe the 86 just had a better radio, filter, antenna etc.

Try to think about any differences - placement/orientation, angles of the antennas, etc.

Very possible that the two 5ghz channels are just interfering with each other (the antennas are very close to one another. Are you trying with just one 5Ghz enabled or both?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!