What's new

AX11000 Upload speed issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JPL2

New Around Here
Ive tried everything including calling ISP and ASUS (who is currently pondering the issue). I have a few ASUS routers, most recently an GT-AX11000, a GT-AC5300, a RT-AC5300 and an older RT-AC3200. I have Fiber 1 Gig. and until within the past week was getting close to the 1 Gig on the wired connection thru my routers for both download and upload. Now within the past week or so I still get the 1 gig on download, but can only get about 10-60Mbps on the upload max on the AX11000, and both the 5300's. The AC3200 I get close to a gig on both. my Fiber Modem is a Zhone ZMID-GP0N-242A-NA,. Also when I direct connect from the Fiber Modem to the PC I get 1 gig both ways, and if I go thru only an ASUS Switch I have, 1 Gig both ways. If I can get the RT-AC5300 back to how it was working, I will probably return the AX11000. All routers have the latest firmware applied also. I tried stepping back also with no luck now either. Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated.... Thank You and Good Day!

Some of the suggestions you may want to try before returning it.

I found the list above earlier this week and tried all listed. The odd thing is I have the same issues with 3/4 ASUS routers in my possession, The AX11000 (which I just bought today) and both the RT/GT-AC5300's that were working fine about a week or two ago. The 7 year old RT-AC3200 has no issues with the upload speed....scratching my head on this one. My guess is something in firmware?

I found the list above earlier this week and tried all listed. The odd thing is I have the same issues with 3/4 ASUS routers in my possession, The AX11000 (which I just bought today) and both the RT/GT-AC5300's that were working fine about a week or two ago. The 7 year old RT-AC3200 has no issues with the upload speed....scratching my head on this one. My guess is something in firmware?
Does your ISP have the AC3200 Mac address in their system and the new router(s) need to be put in their system to get the full speeds. Quick test before calling them is to clone the AC3200 Mac address to one of the others, connect it, and see what speeds you get. Just a thought...

by Cloning the MAC Address of the AC3200 into the AX11000 got me about half the Upload speed back, getting @ 500 Mbps now instead of 10-30 :) I have the ISP coming on Thursday to look at the modem and figure out why it went all wonkie on me in the past couple weeks. Going to try the same on the AC5300's...if that works for them also, I will will probably return the AX11000. Really appreciate the Suggestion!

by Cloning the MAC Address of the AC3200 into the AX11000 got me about half the Upload speed back, getting @ 500 Mbps now instead of 10-30 :) I have the ISP coming on Thursday to look at the modem and figure out why it went all wonkie on me in the past couple weeks. Going to try the same on the AC5300's...if that works for them also, I will will probably return the AX11000. Really appreciate the Suggestion!
You didn't say if you entered any ISP info into the router, but check carefully in the 3200 (WAN Internet Connection page) and make sure whatever you have in there matches EXACTLY what you have in the others you are trying to setup. On little detail can make a big difference. When you originally set this up with the 3200, did you do anything in the Fiber Modem GUI to make it work...

no nothing at all, Ive actually been switching back and forth between the aC5300's using one as aimesh and the other as the parent for over a year.... then about a week ago I noticed a lag uploading docs for work and did a speed check and saw I lost 90% of my upload speed. after trying both the 5300's I pulled out the AC3200 that use as a travel router. The 3200 was actually last used with my old ISP Time Warner/Spectrum before I got rid of them for a local Fiber ISP or to connect to a network when traveling.

There are so many possibilities (not to be an butt). QoS, Trend crap on the routers, potential ISP blocking, local malware/scanner, enable/DISABLE aimesh (which is an aiMESS), DNS, etc.
Me: I have an AC5300 which gets 800+Mbps wired, and 200-300Mbps wireless.
However, my AX11000 <> AC5300 gets 450-550 (close to 600) as an extender (on a channel shared with other devices, unusually).

Also.. I had an AC3200, but (a) it was unstable, and (b) the radio burned out.
Similar situation with my backup AC3200 - both were thrown out (sorry, wireless gods).

Well ISP says not their problem. came to the house, as long as tech gets what he wants on the hard wire to the modem he's gone. Sent log files to ASUS, see what that brings. If not I'll return the AX110000, sell the rest onEbay and try a new brand...any suggestions whats the best out there now for speed and performance other than ASUS? AS long as I clone the 3200's MAC Address on the newer ones everything seems ok, but is that really a long term solution to the issue?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!