What's new

AX3000 flush the arp table, possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Digitald00d

Regular Contributor
Ran into some weirdness with my setup (AX3000,AX3000,AC68U mesh) and my iPhone 6s the last few days. Would NOT hook to 5G. Everything’s been running fine since I put this together, say 2-3 weeks ago. I have one separate guest SSID where the home cameras live, other than that, SmartConnect for same SSID for both 5G and 2.4G. I didn’t suspect the router because wife’s phone (exact same type) was working great. So I redid my phone from scratch believing it’s the phone, but ended with same results. Further inspection it “looked” like the phone was trying to obtain another ip when one was already there. Router logs only indicated my phone MAC address disconnected for an unspecified reason.

End result is I rebooted the mesh router and now all is well. Weird. Throughout the forums, I’ve read about the SmartCinnect tuning and may have to venture into that also.

But this whole experience got me to wondering if there’s a way to flush the arp table on the router and force everyone to to re-up their DHCP addresses. If my phone was try to get another ip with the same mac already registered, my thoughts are that would be an issue. Flushing may have helped. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe wrong terminology? Looking for a way to clean all the clients out and have them reregister. Maybe rebooting IS the easiest way. [emoji2371]

Maybe wrong terminology? Looking for a way to clean all the clients out and have them reregister. Maybe rebooting IS the easiest way. [emoji2371]
"Further inspection it “looked” like the phone was trying to obtain another ip when one was already there." What do you mean by this exactly?

Phone mac registered in the router already. Had a registered ip which I had written down. When the phone attempted to work, it would briefly show an ip on the phone which was different from the one written down. Then the phone would say no internet connection and get the 169.x.x.x self address. At that time the router was still showing the phone as a listed device in the client table. After the router reboot, everything came back and it’s all working as expected.

The foreign IP address you saw on the phone could just be the last address it got from a public hotspot for example. When it reconnects to your home WiFi it will request this same address. The router will refuse and after a bit of an argument the phone will eventually accept the address the router is giving it.

The only way to really see what was going on is to look at the DHCP messages in the router's syslog.

I think one of the iPhone 5 did not have 5GHz support. I don't remember which one.

Possible. This phone is behind. It’s a 6s. I’m not too bent if worst thing is a reboot after a few weeks. I’ll just keep an eye on the logs and venture into the SmartConnect tuning. Also Merlin coming out with a new version shortly which may help.