What's new

AX3000 vs AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ammananas

New Around Here
Hi,

Looking to replace my main router, currently using 3 AC68Us in Aimesh with wireless backhaul and experiencing drops/disconnects every once in a while. Trying to figure out what is a good alternative. Both are available used for approximately the same price (~$50)

Welcome to the forums @ammananas.

Not the old RT-AC3200, for sure.

Hi,

Looking to replace my main router, currently using 3 AC68Us in Aimesh with wireless backhaul and experiencing drops/disconnects every once in a while. Trying to figure out what is a good alternative. Both are available used for approximately the same price (~$50)

The AC3200 is a brilliant router ,however it is OLD and on the ASUS end of life list, ie: no more support.

Looking to replace my main router, currently using 3 AC68Us in Aimesh with wireless backhaul

No matter what your main router is, the remaining AC68U wireless nodes will provide about 150Mbps to connected clients. With mixed generations routers and wireless AiMesh you'll perhaps still have wireless drops and disconnections. Replacing the main router only is not the solution.

Also, the RT-AC3200 does not support AiMesh.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!