What's new

Ax56u Merlin no queue discipline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Xdico

New Around Here
I installed the latest release for Merlin and I don’t have discipline option, I am missing something here

I installed the latest release for Merlin and I don’t have discipline option, I am missing something here
Latest release means nothing. Latest stable? Latest alpha? Latest beta? Please be specific with version.

There is no more choice in 386 versions:
  • Adaptive QoS = sfq
  • Traditional QoS = fq_codel
  • Bandwidth Limiter = fq_codel
  • Cake = Cake
FlexQoS allows Adaptive QoS with fq_codel, however.

I'm running 386.2 Beta 1 on my RT-AX86U's, and they're stable.

'Latest stable' means different things to different people. Spell it out for us. :)

I know what the definition is. I just do not know if we all do when we state 'latest...'. :)

There is no more choice in 386 versions:
  • Adaptive QoS = sfq
  • Traditional QoS = fq_codel
  • Bandwidth Limiter = fq_codel
  • Cake = Cake
FlexQoS allows Adaptive QoS with fq_codel, however.
Great thank you for your response. So on merlin 386.1_2. I have the exact same options on the qos page as asuswrt stock firmware, I see on other people’s router with merlin they have fq_codes and other options, (qos queue discipline) which isn’t even on my qos page. I know some need coding to be activated, now I assume what you’re saying applies to my version of merlin without any editing.

'Latest stable' means different things to different people. Spell it out for us. :)

386.1_2 release. Do you have qos queue discipline option on your stock version or do you have flexqos or any other form added?

Great thank you for your response. So on merlin 386.1_2. I have the exact same options on the qos page as asuswrt stock firmware, I see on other people’s router with merlin they have fq_codes and other options, (qos queue discipline) which isn’t even on my qos page. I know some need coding to be activated, now I assume what you’re saying applies to my version of merlin without any editing.
I suggest reading the changelog...