What's new

AX58U AI Mesh node red light

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doom71

New Around Here
Hello to you all.

I have the following question to which I can't find an answer. I have two AX58U routers set up in a AI Mesh network. On the AI Mesh node, which is connected to the main router by cable, the WAN light is red. Is this as it should be? Everything is working fine, but this has been bugging me for a while now.

Welcome to the forums @doom71.

Which WAN light? On which router? What firmware are the two routers flashed to? Was a full reset performed after flashing the firmware you are currently using?

If the main router is the one with the issue, try setting the WAN DNS manually to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, for example.

Welcome to the forums @doom71.

Which WAN light? On which router? What firmware are the two routers flashed to? Was a full reset performed after flashing the firmware you are currently using?

If the main router is the one with the issue, try setting the WAN DNS manually to something like 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, for example.
As I stated it is the WAN light on the AI Mesh node. Firmware on both devices: 3.0.0.4.386_41700. Full reset was performed, also 'build' the AI Mesh network from scratch.

The WAN LED should not be lit at all on the node.

You may want to try flashing the latest Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version first, or not, and then following the suggestions below.

Disconnect all Ethernet, USB devices, and power cables from both routers and follow the WPS Button reset for your router below to reset both.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

With both routers having been reset and not connected to each other, set up the main router as suggested below.

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

After the main router has been secured and connected to your ISP, and the defaults adjusted as suggested, follow the appropriate link to create the AiMesh network by adding the AiMesh node wirelessly first via the main router's GUI.

Following the steps above should get your routers and network back to a good/known state.

Providing additional detail may be helpful if directly fixing your issue is possible with the network, as-is.

The WAN LED should not be lit at all on the node.

You may want to try flashing the latest Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version first, or not, and then following the suggestions below.

Disconnect all Ethernet, USB devices, and power cables from both routers and follow the WPS Button reset for your router below to reset both.

[Wireless] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset | Official Support | ASUS Global

With both routers having been reset and not connected to each other, set up the main router as suggested below.

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

After the main router has been secured and connected to your ISP, and the defaults adjusted as suggested, follow the appropriate link to create the AiMesh network by adding the AiMesh node wirelessly first via the main router's GUI.

Following the steps above should get your routers and network back to a good/known state.

Providing additional detail may be helpful if directly fixing your issue is possible with the network, as-is.
Will do, but need to wait until the kids are in bed if I want to remain peace in the household o_O

Since it is a wired node, make sure the ethernet comes from a LAN port on the router to the WAN port on the node.
I know from experience that on an AX58U (AX3000) on the main router, the red WAN light indicates it cant get an IP from the upstream entity (usually the modem or cable head). Not sure about nodes, but it might mean something similar.

I have the same setup. AX88U as main node with two AX58U AiMesh nodes. After upgrade to 386.1_2 (first on the nodes and then the main) I had the same issue with one node having a white WAN light and one with a red WAN light. I had to forget the AiMesh node and re-add and then it went white.

I have the same setup. AX88U as main node with two AX58U AiMesh nodes. After upgrade to 386.1_2 (first on the nodes and then the main) I had the same issue with one node having a white WAN light and one with a red WAN light. I had to forget the AiMesh node and re-add and then it went white.
Tried the same solution and it worked. Tnx for your helpfull comment ;)

have two AX58U's, and I finally got around to upgrading them to 386.2. Same exact problem with the node router. But after deleting and then removing the node, it works again. Thanks for the tip!!

So odd. My two 58U just upgraded to 386.2 and again the same one I had to remove and re add. Not sure why is up with that one.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!