What's new

AX6000 Wireguard setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

john385

Occasional Visitor
Hi everyone!

Trying to set up Wireguard VPN on the AX6000 (latest fw version: 3.0.0.6.102_21514).

I have a 1Gbps cable connection at home and the ISPs modem is in bridge mode while the AX6000 is the only router on the network (no AiMesh).

The DDNS service is up and running on the router (since I don't have a fixed WAN IP of course) but still the Wireguard doesn't work, ie. my iOS client can (seemingly) connect to the Wireguard server but I can't access any LAN devices?

What's the proper way to ensure that I can (securely) connect to my router (and all LAN devices) from remote devices (iOS or other clients), ie. what am I missing?

first make sure intranet is checked
1687994955367.png

Then DNS on the advanced screen
1687995018816.png

Not too much in getting WireGuard to work.

I did all that.
Something was off in the Wireguard's handling of DDNS->IP mapping it seems. Kept reverting to the last (known) WAN IP before the DDNS was initialized.
Restared the router. Seems to be working OK (for now).
I'll monitor it and report back if any other problems arise.

Gave up on Wireguard.
Seems there’s some issue with DDNS not properly updating the (updated) IP WAN to Wireguard
Went back to OpenVPN.
All good.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!