What's new

AX6600 Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Galaad

Occasional Visitor
Hi all

Today I lost power for about 10 minutes, it was raining so nothing out of the ordinary.

I have 6 asus routers in my house. One of them stopped working, these things happen from time to time so I went to the app, delete node, add node and it started to blink red.

I can't do nothing, the router is not communicating with anything, it just blink red.

The led guide for the nodes doesn't include red blinking light and searching the net didn't work either.

Hope someone can help me

Pull the power plug from both the router and the wall plug. Wait 2 minutes or more before powering it up again.

If this doesn't work (I would try it multiple times, with up to an hour, unplugged), see if resetting the router via the reset button and using the WPS button methods (again, try multiple times) works to bring the router back to a good/known state.

Also try using a good/known power adaptor as a test too.

Didn't worked :(

I left the thing unplugged all night and nope

Any other suggestion will be very appreciated

Did you try using a good/known power adaptor?

I had a similar problem today, noticed one of my 4 nodes (not the router) of my XT8 setup was flashing red. here's what i've done:

--tried to reboot - nothing
--removed device from mesh, did a hard reset of the device, and tried to re-add the node. This does reset it, and it gets through the setup, then at the final step where it wants to connect the note, flashes red
--reset again and connected and setup as a router. This seemed to work and allowed it to boot, and i could login. i refreshed the firmware. then reset it again, and tried to re-add to the network. same error, flashes red

Going to try a few other things (restart the whole mesh, use a different name for the node, etc)

I use ethernet backbone, but also tried wireless. Rest of network checks out.

Just FYI, original poster: yesterday i was installing an outside outlet and had to shut off the power to one bedroom. I switched the wrong one off which this device was on. (flipped the circuit breaker). So kinda did the same thing you did... I don't have all these on UPS in our house.

So I tried rebooting the whole mesh, that did nothing.

I then reset the bad node, set it up as a router, then re-flashed an old firmware FW_ZENWIFI_XT8_300438645898.w All my other nodes are on current release (my production date is 2021 on these XT8). Keep in mind I'm doing all this wirelessly, it seems to work fine on all bands connecting to my mac via wifi once rebooted.
This is now behaving differently...
After the firmware flashed, I reset the node.
Then go into my mesh setup on the main node and add it, it goes through the process
It then joins the mesh wirelessly
Then it drops and flashes blue
And on reboot, it is just flashing blue

Going to use a hardwire now and try that to see if it will join the mesh

I think this is a firmware issue, not hardware. I think...

So i have 3 nodes working fine, and 1 working funny.

Ok - so now I just connected a cable to the WAN port that is linked to my office node, and boom. I'm getting a White light. Going to move it back to the main bedroom to see if it still boots...

OP - can you try downgrading the firmware? You just need to reset the node, set it up as a router, connect to the router, flash it, then reset the node again. you can then try adding it back to your mesh.

Last edited:
Just FYI, original poster: yesterday i was installing an outside outlet and had to shut off the power to one bedroom. I switched the wrong one off which this device was on. (flipped the circuit breaker). So kinda did the same thing you did... I don't have all these on UPS in our house.

So I tried rebooting the whole mesh, that did nothing.

I then reset the bad node, set it up as a router, then re-flashed an old firmware FW_ZENWIFI_XT8_300438645898.w All my other nodes are on current release (my production date is 2021 on these XT8). Keep in mind I'm doing all this wirelessly, it seems to work fine on all bands connecting to my mac via wifi once rebooted.
This is now behaving differently...
After the firmware flashed, I reset the node.
Then go into my mesh setup on the main node and add it, it goes through the process
It then joins the mesh wirelessly
Then it drops and flashes blue
And on reboot, it is just flashing blue

Going to use a hardwire now and try that to see if it will join the mesh

I think this is a firmware issue, not hardware. I think...

So i have 3 nodes working fine, and 1 working funny.

Ok - so now I just connected a cable to the WAN port that is linked to my office node, and boom. I'm getting a White light. Going to move it back to the main bedroom to see if it still boots...

OP - can you try downgrading the firmware? You just need to reset the node, set it up as a router, connect to the router, flash it, then reset the node again. you can then try adding it back to your mesh.
Thanks for replying.

How did you downgraded the firmware version?

I have tried everything that I can think of and it keeps flashing red.

Thanks for replying.

How did you downgraded the firmware version?

I have tried everything that I can think of and it keeps flashing red.

download older firmware to computer
Reset the bad node (turn on hold wps for about a minute, turn off then on again)
Setup the node as a router. You don’t have to connect it to your network. Just use wifi
Connect to router
Flash firmware
Reset again
Setup as node

Mine is still working fine. My suspicion is in the power off something got corrupted in firmware config file.

download older firmware to computer
Reset the bad node (turn on hold wps for about a minute, turn off then on again)
Setup the node as a router. You don’t have to connect it to your network. Just use wifi
Connect to router
Flash firmware
Reset again
Setup as node

Mine is still working fine. My suspicion is in the power off something got corrupted in firmware config file.
I'm sorry.

I got to the point that I can select the router as a standalone router, it does create a network asus70 but I can't connect it. Do I have to connect the wan port to my ISP in order to actually create a second network?

As you mentioned you don't have to connect it to your network I'm a little confused here.

Thanks

I'm sorry.

I got to the point that I can select the router as a standalone router, it does create a network asus70 but I can't connect it. Do I have to connect the wan port to my ISP in order to actually create a second network?

As you mentioned you don't have to connect it to your network I'm a little confused here.

Thanks
Once you reset the router
Connect to the asus70 wifi
In browser navigate to 192.168.50.1 (or whatever gateway it gives you check your wifi setting)
Then go to the advanced setup
Setup as a router but give it a unique wifi name
Reboot
Connect to the new wifi
Connect to the same address as above (or whatever the gateway is)
Login
Flash firmware. You need to download firmware first from ASUS. I used the older release posted above
Once flashed
Reset the router again
Connect to your mesh
Go to main router and add the node back again

this worked for me. Sorry if steps aren’t clear.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!