What's new

Ax86u aimesh second node dropping 5ghz occasionally

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thewizard1241

Regular Contributor
Hi?l

i have 2 ax86u in aimesh node hardwired via ethernet cable. Im on the latest beta of merlins firmware and overall its been amazing. But one issue i find is on the second node the 5ghz drops and i have to manually shutdown the router and power it back on before it works again.

both routers were installed with the latest beta with a fresh factory reset before and after the install.

i have used a wifi channel checker to ensure theres no overlapping channels, what could be the problem?

Hi?l

i have 2 ax86u in aimesh node hardwired via ethernet cable. Im on the latest beta of merlins firmware and overall its been amazing. But one issue i find is on the second node the 5ghz drops and i have to manually shutdown the router and power it back on before it works again.

both routers were installed with the latest beta with a fresh factory reset before and after the install.

i have used a wifi channel checker to ensure theres no overlapping channels, what could be the problem?

You could reflash the firmware on the node that is dropping its 5.0 WiFi signal. And swap the two nodes... if the dropping WiFi moves with the router, suspect a hardware issue(?).

OE

You could reflash the firmware on the node that is dropping its 5.0 WiFi signal. And swap the two nodes... if the dropping WiFi moves with the router, suspect a hardware issue(?).

OE
I hope it isnt a hardware issue however i was going to try to revert back to stock firmware BUT is there anyway to have DHCP option 61 on stock firmware?

I hope it isnt a hardware issue however i was going to try to revert back to stock firmware BUT is there anyway to have DHCP option 61 on stock firmware?

My AC86U Asuswrt 3.0.0.4.386_41634 added these new WAN settings(?):

1611671206490.png

OE

Wait, is that on stock???? When was this added? Im sure the ax86u doesnt have that?

My AC86U Asuswrt 3.0.0.4.386_41634 added these new WAN settings.

Yes, it's on stock firmware. Your turn... what is it for? :)

OE

My AC86U Asuswrt 3.0.0.4.386_41634 added these new WAN settings.

Yes, it's on stock firmware. Your turn... what is it for? :)

OE
ahhh nice nice! Will try it as a last resort!

Its basically a requirment for MER authentication in the UK for SKY isp's. It sucks and its annoying but its the only way around it instead having to do a double NAT