What's new

AX86U and Apple devices WPA3 problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

soleht

New Around Here
Hi guys,
I've recently bought an RT-AX86U router. In my household, we are using apple devices (some old and some new). When I set the router up, I used the WPA2/WPA3 authentication type for both 2,4 GHz and 5Ghz bands (because the newer devices are able to use the WPA3 protocol while the older only the WPA2). Some devices couldn't connect at all and some others managed to connect to the router for only some minutes. Then they got disconnected and couldn't find the networks. I tried the WPA2 only choice and all devices are connected and work without any problems. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Is it Apple's fault or Asus's?
Thank you for your time!!

Last edited:
It's always Apples' fault. :)

They could easily upgrade the older devices with newer WiFi drivers but they don't.

But there is a problem with newer devices too (iMac 2017, iPhone 8 and 11). They can be connected only for a few minutes and then they get disconnected and either they cannot find the network or a -invalid wifi password- pop up window appears...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!