What's new

AX86U crash? Router and modem was inaccessible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Salty Wagyu

Occasional Visitor
The internet was inaccessible between 7.10 and 7.43pm (the point I switched router off then on). During the downtime I was unable to connect to the router's web interface nor the modem's web interface. Android phone saw my active 2.4 & 5GHz networks but refused to connect to them (normally it would connect to a wi-fi network even if no internet access was available).

Connman (merlinwrt addon) showed no pings between those times, same for an external ping service I have running on my public IP to check quality (in screenshot)

My Vigor 130 modem doesn't show dsl sync uptime but I've checked my ISP account online and my line data shows there was no sync drop today.

I've skimmed over the logs and can't find anything obvious, I've attached it here with all the public, and private LAN IPs stripped out and replaced with "removed", if anyone else wants to have a look Edit: I'm not able to attach my txt file despite txt being an allowed extension?

Attachments

• chrome_v3Q1i4iuJY.png
    chrome_v3Q1i4iuJY.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 110
Use a service like Pastebin to attach large text files.

So it's happened again after two months... pings or webui access (by IP address) to the router & modem via ethernet was unreachable. Mobile devices could not reconnect to the router after manually disabling/enabling WiFi in Windows/Android, and lights on the router were flashing normally. I connected a laptop directly to the modem to check webui and internet, which was all fine.

Switched off and on the router and checked the logs, only this time it's spammed with wlceventd_proc_event, I'm guessing this is the cause?

So it's happened again after two months... pings or webui access (by IP address) to the router & modem via ethernet was unreachable. Mobile devices could not reconnect to the router after manually disabling/enabling WiFi in Windows/Android, and lights on the router were flashing normally. I connected a laptop directly to the modem to check webui and internet, which was all fine.

Switched off and on the router and checked the logs, only this time it's spammed with wlceventd_proc_event, I'm guessing this is the cause?

Your post seems to be similar experience with an AX86U router i purchased 2 weeks ago and just returned. Had abnormal router reboots 5 days apart without internet access (although everything came backup). If i recall in AX86U logs, i think it was similar message (not sure if proc event is actually processor related or not?) In any case, i went back to my trusty AC86U . Good luck.

Thanks for the extra info. Unfortunately there's nothing at all in the log that indicates what the problem is so we're none the wiser. :(

Thanks for the extra info. Unfortunately there's nothing at all in the log that indicates what the problem is so we're none the wiser. :(
Thanks for looking into it! That's a shame, I will have to see if I can get a script running to force reboot it should it happen again, ChkWAN might do the job

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!