What's new

AX86U Guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nox34

New Around Here
Have been trying to setup some shellys on my ax86u guest network and nothing works.
As soon as i connect them to the guest network they more or less disapear. I can see that they are connected but i cant see them in the shelly app or use the web ui to connect to them. They get assigned with ip 192.168.100.xx on the guest network and 192.168.50.xx on the regular, is that what messes this up?

have no clue what to do

What firmware is on your AX86U? Do you use a VPN? Any other router configurations?

Try enabling intranet access and see if that makes any difference.

Have been trying to setup some shellys on my ax86u guest network and nothing works.
As soon as i connect them to the guest network they more or less disapear. I can see that they are connected but i cant see them in the shelly app or use the web ui to connect to them. They get assigned with ip 192.168.100.xx on the guest network and 192.168.50.xx on the regular, is that what messes this up?

The Guest Network IP address is correct. AiMesh 2.0, that's part of the latest firmware, supports Guest Network 1 on the mesh nodes, so Asus designed it to use the 192.168.100.xx pool to achieve this and not the DHCP IP pool. If you use any of the other Guest Networks, they will use the DHCP IP pool.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!