What's new

AX86U just restarted randomly?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The logs are good, but what did you do to lead to this?

The logs are good, but what did you do to lead to this?
Nothing, I was browsing on Amazon and suddenly my internet disconnected (I am connected wired to my PC, not wireless). Then I look on the router and I saw that it is restarting.

That is not what I meant.

How is your router and network setup? What firmware? What steps used to set up?

Details are important.

That is not what I meant.

How is your router and network setup? What firmware? What steps used to set up?

Details are important.
I have fiber internet, PPPoE connected to a D-Link Media Converter thing, firmware is the latest ( 3.0.0.4.384_9318 ), I have been using the router for nearly three months without an issue it just happened now for the first time.

Not nearly enough details.

Hope others can help.

Looks like starting here Dec 12 22:41:52 kernel: dhdpcie_checkdied: console address : 0x00242A70 things start to go downhill afterwards. No idea what any of it means though I also hope others can help. I've learned usually dhd errors has to do with ai trend micro, adaptive qos or traffic analyzer. Do you have custom scripts installed. using a usb disk? might want to try resetting the router. I don't consider those logs good at all. dhdpcie is different though and almost seems like a driver issue.

kernel: invalid dirty_p detected: ffffffc000000000 valid=[ffffffc03d94bb40 ffffffc03d94bc80] this is flooding your log prior, I have seen this error before and can't remember what it is. You can google the forums and i'm positive something will come up. but that also does not look "good" to me.

You sure this never happened in 3 months? you made no changes? When did you update to the latest firmware? do you check the syslogs regularly? you could also try reverting back to the previous firmware and monitor the system.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I have the same issue. I have been living with it for a few weeks. Seems to only happen when any of the trend micro services are activated. I have parental time and Network Protection. at least every few days it will just re-boot for no reason. Sometimes a few times in quick succession. Keen for a fix. Left it for the moment as it seems to recover quite reliably.

Did you guys ever figure this out? I've been having the same think on the Merlin firmware...
I am not on Merlin yet. I had Merlin on my AC86U and it was good, but at the time I purchased the AX86U there was no Merlin.
I will probably give it a try soon.

Anyway, I did a factory reset a week ago and since then haven't had this issue. I hope it's gone for now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!