What's new

Asus AX/AXE Slow Upload Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I isolated my issue to the box running iperf. For some reason the nic in that box started limiting traffic in one direction to 50%. The RT-AX86U's in mesh are fine. My issue started Sunday.

The new update finally made all wifi speed better again! I got really odd capped speeds on the previous April firmware...the new release that just hit, fixed everything!

Ok, my issue was tcp congestion on the nic. I forgot I was working on the sysctl.conf file and had a stripped down file in it's place. Of course when I did a rare reboot I forgot about it all my net.ipv4 and net.core settings weren't loaded. All is good here.

Nothing changed yet

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 2.png
    2.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 186
ASUS has had issues with upload speeds for MONTHS for users on Fios - I have an XT8 based network with wired backhaul and I have given up trying workarounds

I recently bought a ax86u after my ac86u up and died right after the 2yr warranty expired. I get slow upload speeds within my LAN from my computer(Wifi) to my NAS(wired) if I enable Traditional QOS.
I am not sure if its the same root cause but I thought I'd add to the data points, hoping it helps narrow down the cause of the slow speeds.

just got the AX86u today, from my AC3100- Gigabit, 900/900 before upgrade, now I get 900/350. and on wifi I'm at 750/150 - what the heck?

ready to return this - - unacceptable out of the box LAN performance. my 3100 does 900/850 reliably. Merlin firmware, QOS disabled

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 7.52.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 7.52.56 PM.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 137
The RT-AX86U is superior to the RT-AC3100 and will easily do 1Gbps WAN/LAN speeds.

You have not properly set up the router and/or your network to allow it to do so.

In my reply above, I meant, by extension, LAN/WAN too.

I am not seeing the issue in my setup with 2x RT-AX86Us.

Are you saying you're having fast Wi-Fi upload speeds? If so, we'd love to see your setup in the other thread.

L&LD: Do you change any of the settings on the Fast.com speed tests? Specifically, parallel connections and test duration?