AX86U VPN Fusion

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Does the RT-AX86U supports VPN Fusion? If not, what routers are compatible with it?
VPN Fusion is currently only available on ROG models (GT-*****).

However this will be made available to non-ROG models starting with firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx, which will be released over the coming months.

One alternative if you want to go down the custom firmware route is Asuswrt-Merlin, which offers VPN Directory, that allows you to configure policy-based VPN routing.

Logi

VPN Fusion is currently only available on ROG models (GT-*****).

However this will be made available to non-ROG models starting with firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx, which will be released over the coming months.

One alternative if you want to go down the custom firmware route is Asuswrt-Merlin, which offers VPN Directory, that allows you to configure policy-based VPN routing.
Thank you, I will investigate the options shared

Joyz

Occasional Visitor
When the official firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx with VPN Fusion comes out, will VPN Directory remain in your firmware or will it be replaced by VPN Fusion?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
It's VPN Director (I believe RMerlin had a spelling issue above).

I also believe VPN Director is more powerful than Asus' VPN Fusion, so it will remain (unless Asus decides to use VPN Director internally too).

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
When the official firmware 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx with VPN Fusion comes out, will VPN Directory remain in your firmware or will it be replaced by VPN Fusion?
I intend to stick to VPN Director. Otherwise, I would have enabled VPN Fusion already.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!