What's new

AX86U with Extender Frustration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chrismccoy

Occasional Visitor
RT-AX86U is my router, i have a tp link AC2600 Range Extender

its extending using the same network name as the router, this only happened a week ago this issue, had no problems before. running latest firmware.

on my tv's it says wifi connected, but no internet.

could someone assist? or possibly give an idea what is going on

Same name as the main router? One being AX and the other AC, which could be an issue. What AP is it actually connecting to?

Does a new, never before used, SSID help?

Does resetting the TV's network stack help (to use the existing SSID)?

tried new SSID everytime i reset the router, keeps not functioning properly, it was fine until the power went out a week ago. not sure if something happened. all devices downstairs connect to the extender with the same name as the router. should i be buying an AX extender?

How are you 'resetting' the router? Specifically? And how are you configuring it afterward?

tried new SSID everytime i reset the router, keeps not functioning properly, it was fine until the power went out a week ago. not sure if something happened. all devices downstairs connect to the extender with the same name as the router. should i be buying an AX extender?
Asus RP-AX56. Even does AiMesh!

How are you 'resetting' the router? Specifically? And how are you configuring it afterward?
by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds.

once it comes back i connect to the default asus wifi connection and start the create a network process. using all default settings.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!