What's new

AX88U and ZenWifi Mini XD4 AiMesh - problem with 1 2.4Ghz client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mekabe remain

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I had a AC88U router and 3 ZenWifi Mini XD4
Recently I replaced the AC88U with a AX88U
All devices are at their same places. (3 Zenwifi mini and the main router)

Now I have an issue with "one" 2.4Ghz wifi client.
This is on a far corner of the house. It is mostly off and turns on (and tries to connect wifi) when required.
Before the AX88U , it was connecting to one of the ZenWifi devices and never had an issue with it.
After the AX88U, it mostly can not connect to the network when it is turned on. Rarely connects.

I tried forcing it to the closest ZenWifi node , but that did not help.

As the AX88U is more powerful than my old AC88U , I would not expect a performance degradation.
So what may be the problem with it ?

Have you tried resetting that 2.5GHz client device, then re-associating it? Particularly if you're using the same SSIDs?

This is a esp32 with Tasmota firmware.
I resetted and re-associated. but I am not sure if it keeps wifi ssids when reset.
so I may try changing the firmware maybe.

is there anything (any settings) that would cause 2.4ghz tx/rx to be low on the Aimesh ?

I've upgraded Tasmota firmware from 8.1.0 to 9.5.0 and now it is better.
Did not lose wifi connection for the last 2 hours. I'll see tomorrow.
If this does not solve, I will change the firmware from Tasmota to another option.

ESP32 first thing I'd try is forcing the 2.4GHz WiFi onto any of Channels 1, 6, or 11.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!