1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

AX88U CPU issue with 384.13

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Jugnu, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Jugnu

Jugnu Occasional Visitor

Hi Everyone,

My apology if this has been posted already by someone here. I just upgraded my ax88u to latest 384.13 firmware and noticed that my CPU has spiked to 75c with about 5 clients connected whereas I had more than 5 connected at times on the previous firmware and CPU was always between 60C and 65C. Has anyone seen after upgrading to this latest version or am I the only one here?

I've been upgrading Merlin firmwares and never seen router spiking up that high.

If someone been through this before and have a suggestion to make to bring it down, pls let me know.

BTW, how do you downgrade back to previous version in case I need to?

Thanks

2. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Been extensively discussed already - this is perfectly normal, and expected.

royarcher and Makaveli like this.
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Senior Member

There is no issue here those are within normal limits.

You can also try this below.

Enable Cpu Wait

4. dosborne

dosborne Senior Member

To "downgrade", simply download whatever version you want (that is appropriate for your router) and load it via the GUI. No need in this case as already mentioned though.

Not really a great idea to be bouncing back and forth between releases......unless you get in the habit of wiping the configuration and manually setting it up again (although it is a REALLY good idea to save backup configuration files and identify which FW version they are a backup of)