What's new

AX88U CPU issue with 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jugnu

Occasional Visitor
Hi Everyone,

My apology if this has been posted already by someone here. I just upgraded my ax88u to latest 384.13 firmware and noticed that my CPU has spiked to 75c with about 5 clients connected whereas I had more than 5 connected at times on the previous firmware and CPU was always between 60C and 65C. Has anyone seen after upgrading to this latest version or am I the only one here?

I've been upgrading Merlin firmwares and never seen router spiking up that high.

If someone been through this before and have a suggestion to make to bring it down, pls let me know.

BTW, how do you downgrade back to previous version in case I need to?

Thanks

Been extensively discussed already - this is perfectly normal, and expected.

There is no issue here those are within normal limits.

You can also try this below.

Enable Cpu Wait

To "downgrade", simply download whatever version you want (that is appropriate for your router) and load it via the GUI. No need in this case as already mentioned though.

Not really a great idea to be bouncing back and forth between releases......unless you get in the habit of wiping the configuration and manually setting it up again (although it is a REALLY good idea to save backup configuration files and identify which FW version they are a backup of)