What's new

AX88U Merlin OpenVPN VPNDirector DualWAN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EKrava

New Around Here
AX88U Merlin OpenVPN VPNDirector DualWAN Issue
when DualWAN configured as Load Balance, VPN Director rules are ignored at all
when DualWAN configured as Fail Over, VPN Director rules work normally.
Do i have any way to work with both rules: DualWAN as load balance and VPNDirector routing rules ?

This is a known limitation. Dual WAN (in load balancing mode) and the OpenVPN clients both use ip rules to manage which source IPs use their respective features. But those for the former always take precedence over those for the latter. You can see this my dumping the ip rules themselves from ssh.

Code:
ip rule show

As currently implemented, you simply can't support both at the same time. With dual WAN enabled, the choice always comes down to wan0 vs. wan1 for the choice of routing tables, NOT any of the OpenVPN clients (ovpnc1 thru ovpnc5).

Thanks, looking for $ip r s list many thinking
anyone know why i can set route for vpn as network, but i can set route via wan only for ip (Max 64 :)

anyone know why i can set route for vpn as network, but i can set route via wan only for ip (Max 64 :)

You're NOT limited to individual source IPs w/ the WAN's routing policy rules. As an example, below I've routed all of the 192.168.1.0/24 network over the primary WAN.

screenshot-lab-merlin1.yankee_8443-2022.04.19-09_12_51.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!