AX88U Mesh Network

  • ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

nick1

New Around Here
I need some help... I have an AX88U as my router and AC68U as a mesh node. Prior to upgrading to Merlin 386.1, everything worked ok. Now, I am having major connectivity issues through the mesh node- I have regular internet dropouts and trouble connecting to other devices in the network, but only through the mesh node. Examples:
- When I log into the router's GUI directly through the main router, everything is great. When I connect via the mesh node, I have regular time outs or the GUI only partially loads.
- When my PC is connected to the mesh node, i am unable to see my Raspberry Pi, which is hard wired to the router. When connected anywhere else in the network, I see the Pi just fine.
- I regularly see streaming services drop when behind the mesh node, but not when connected to the router.

Already tried the following:
- I factory reset everything and rebuild the network with no luck.
- Tried turning various settings on and off... Firewall, AiProtect, etc. with no luck
- I converted the mesh backhaul to ethernet with no luck. Ethernet backhaul is now my baseline config. The GUI always shows the connectivity as great at 1Gbps.
- I replaced the mesh node with a simple switch and saw none of the above issues- able to see the GUI, Pi, and streaming was solid.
- I replaced the mesh node with another identical device and saw the exact same issues.

Conclusions- wiring is fine. Main router (hardware wise is fine). Mesh network settings or baseline config have issues. Any thoughts on what to try next would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to not move back to an old firmware version, but will if I have to.

Thank you!
 

Smokey613

Very Senior Member
I too experienced various wifi issues after updating to 386.1. The clients did not roam very well and the AiMesh node never had more than 3 wifi clients out of 37 connected even though the clients were close. The roam assist did not work good at all. Yes, I did a hard reset on both units after updating to 386.1. I went back to 384.19 and everything is back to working as expected. For my network setup, 384.19 provides a very stable environment. I see no need to go to the 386 code.
 

Similar threads

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top