What's new

AX88U Network Map View List missing all Wired LAN devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mbze430

Regular Contributor
I am running Merlin 384.17 firmware. I recently got a MB8600 and enabled WAN Aggregation that links up to my L2 managed switches that also does LAG. I don't run DHCP on the modem as I have DHCP servers.

MB8600 LAN1&LAN2 -> AX88U WAN&LAN4 || AX88U LAN1&LAN2 -> Powerconnect 5548 LAN45&47

Prior to this change the Map View List would give me a detail list of all the devices. Then today I got my MB8600 change it over to WAN Aggregation, which works fine. I am now not getting any my of wired devices. Only Wireless devices. I have rebooted the AX88U a few times and still nothing. Yes, my wireless devices can communicate with my wired devices and vise versa.

Is this a bug? Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
I just noticed that I am getting these messages in my log

Apr 29 20:27:28 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth1
Apr 29 20:27:29 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth1
Apr 29 20:27:31 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth1
Apr 29 20:27:31 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth1

just to confirm it's with WAN Aggregation. I disabled the WAN Aggregation disconnected LAN4 and all my wired LAN devices showed up and the Apr 29 20:27:31 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth1 error is gone as well.

Anyone know if the MB8600 uses LACP/802.3ad?

Last edited:
I have tried to push this over technical support and have them send up the chain to the engineers

I might be wrong, someone please chime in if I am. But I thought I read somewhere that if your going to LAG the WAN you did so with the WAN port and port 4.

So you left the switch hooked up to LAN 1&2 and the errors went away? Or did you disable WAN & LAN LAG?

Did you try LAG the WAN but not the switch and see if there’s errors/missing wired ports in network view?

I’m trying to see if the errors occur when both are aggregated or just one or the other.

The error message only happens if WAN Aggregation is enabled.

I have not tried to disable my LAG on the switch side. I can try this weekend. It could be a combination of both causing the error.

I have been using the AX88U with LAG on the switch for month uplink to my powerconnect 5548. Never had a problem or seen the error message on the AX88U.

I will report back when I get a chance to test it out

Just for future note or anyone happens to google

I just confirmed with Motorola on the phone that the MB8600 does LAG via 802.3ad

Okay just tested. Disconnected and turned off LAN LAG and re-enabled WAN aggregation, connected MB8600 LAN2 to AX88U LAN4.... And.....

SAME ERROR

Plus I also noticed I lose about 10-15% WAN speed

One thing to note is that with the WAN aggregation turned on my LAN devices do get listed

If WAN aggregation is disable and LAN aggregation my LAN devices do get listed

It's only when both WAN & LAN aggregation then my LAN devices don't get listed. It might be the LAG STP LAG cist cost setting. It might be set to 0 and it think it's root? My powerconnect 5548 STP cist is set to 4096 which is the lowest priority...(I think, have to double check)

Last edited: