What's new

AX88U - No 1 gig connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MikePA

New Around Here
Comcast 900 download.

When I connect my Mac Mini directly to the Comcast modem and run Speediest it reports approx 850.

When I connect to the AX88U, using the same cable, Speedtest reports approx 85. The AX88U is acting as if the connection is 100meg, not 1000meg.

Any ideas for troubleshooting this?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums @MikePA.

Test with a different (brand) cable. Not all (nor their ends/connectors) are created equal. Just because it works with other equipment does not necessarily rule the cable out.

What firmware are you on the RT-AX88U? What was the last firmware you performed a full reset to factory defaults on?

Thanks for the
Welcome to the forums @MikePA.

Test with a different (brand) cable. Not all (nor their ends/connectors) are created equal. Just because it works with other equipment does not necessarily rule the cable out.

What firmware are you on the RT-AX88U? What was the last firmware you performed a full reset to factory defaults on?
Thanks for the welcome!

Firmware is Merlin beta - 388.1_alpha-g8ea471fa9e
I did a full factory reset (pressed and held red button) right after I installed the Merlin code.

I will look for another cable and buy a new one if needed. Any recommendations? The cable I am using is this one - Click Here.

Don't test with non-Standard cables. Get a couple of Cat5e cables instead. From one or two quality brands.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!