What's new

AX88U QoS not limiting upload speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JStrick

New Around Here
I recently purchased a AX88u and installed 384.16. My ISP speeds are 350 down and 30 upload. Set QoS to adaptive: fq_codel: upload 25: download 330:. Using dslreports, download is being limited (good bufferbloat) but see no change on upload (bad bufferbloat). Tried setting in traditional QoS and saw same results. Tried using bandwidth limiter and nothing was being limited, was getting max speeds. Not using freshjr QoS at the moment. All tests on wired PC.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a AX88u and installed 384.16. My ISP speeds are 350 down and 30 upload. Set QoS to adaptive: fq_codel: upload 25: download 330:. Using dslreports, download is being limited (good bufferbloat) but see no change on upload (bad bufferbloat). Tried setting in traditional QoS and saw same results. Tried using bandwidth limiter and nothing was being limited, was getting max speeds. Not using freshjr QoS at the moment. All tests on wired PC.
I think it's a known glitch for AX88U...have you tried the latest stock FW? I believe it's fixed under latest stock FW. I haven't it tried it yet.

I think it's a known glitch for AX88U...have you tried the latest stock FW? I believe it's fixed under latest stock FW. I haven't it tried it yet.
I have not tried the latest stock firmware. If anyone has tested stock firmware please let me know.

Does it do the same thing with traditional QOS?

Asus rt-ax58u latest stock firmware or merlins. Same issue. Upload speeds not limited under any qos settings.

Same case : Asus RT-AX56U with latest stock firmware or merlins. Same issue, upload or download not limited under any qos settings ....
Please help

Edit : find something interesting : https://www.snbforums.com/threads/bandwidth-limiter-what-am-i-doing-wrong.39812/
If I visit the Adaptive QoS page at all (the first one where it shows Bandwidth Monitor and each device's utilization), all bandwidth limiter rules will immediately stop working. To get them working again, I have to go to the QoS tab again and hit "Apply" at the bottom under all of the bandwidth limit rules. After hitting apply, the limits start working again.

This solution work for me, I use Merlin 384.16 firmware.

Last edited:
Does it do the same thing with traditional QOS?
Asus rt-ax58u, with merlin 384.16 using traditional QOS, work perfect both download and upload, for me.
On the other hand, adaptive qos, neither works for me.

@DelBierzo what are your ISP speeds? What settings did you use that work? :)

I have also noticed that qos does not seem to register onedrive upload traffic to O365 sharepoint document libraries. Looking at the bandwidth meter rmerlin added to the main home page I see that there is maxed out upload. If I then go to the bandwidth meter in the qos section it shows no upload bandwidth and nothing is registered under the various categories either.

@DelBierzo what are your ISP speeds? What settings did you use that work? :)

Hello! I am from Spain, I have adsl with movistar and in a few days I will finally have fiber optics, but while I have 8mb of download and 0.800mb of upload. In the image you can see how I have it configured, will help you draw your conclusions.

While I wait I already prepare my network, with Ubiquiti UFiber Nano G, Asus RT-AX58U and a Asus Lyra AC2200, delighted with the Aimesh system.

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-04-25-19-48-15-07.png

Hello! I am from Spain, I have adsl with movistar and in a few days I will finally have fiber optics, but while I have 8mb of download and 0.800mb of upload. In the image you can see how I have it configured, will help you draw your conclusions.

While I wait I already prepare my network, with Ubiquiti UFiber Nano G, Asus RT-AX58U and a Asus Lyra AC2200, delighted with the Aimesh system.

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-04-25-19-48-15-07.png

well, i just make mine rules bases on yours on Asus ax88u whit merlin firmware, all good on download the buffer bloat is very minimal but on upload, it's through the roof 300+ every time,
I'm on fiber ftth 20/200 on speed test its 19/190 because an overheat I think, by the way on wan packet overheat what i need to use? my wan is PPPoE from isp ont that is in bridge mode only.