What's new

ax88u resets WIFI connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zibert

New Around Here
Hi everybody. I bought ax88u on ebay. Immediately installed the latest firmware from Merlyn. After some time (6 hours), the Wi-Fi connection loses; when you try to reconnect the device, they write “wrong password.” Rebooting the router helps. Where to dig? I reset it to factory settings - it doesn't help.
I installed the ASUS firmware, worked for two days and again had problems connecting via Wi-Fi. I downgraded the firmware version - it doesn't help.

Last edited:
Since you already did a factory reset...are you currently using SmartConnect?

If so, have you tried disabling it and separating the bands and connect to them individually? Once you separate them, connect to them and test both the 2.4 or 5Ghz bands. You might realize one or both of those bands may be faulty. Hopefully, just one!

If one of them is going bad, the only way to fix would be to RMA it. Hopefully it's still under warranty or return it if it's possible.

Best of luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!