What's new

AX88U Upload Monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DexterII

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, new here. Just recently purchased a RT-AX88U router. Very large over due update for me being I’m coming from a TP-Link Archer C9.

Everything seems to be working great with the router. I have a gig subscription with my ISP and easily hitting 850 MBps with my iPhone 11 over Wi-Fi. Can’t complain. Had a little issue with my daughters amazon fire and my la crosse weather station disconnecting / connecting consistently to the WiFi filling the log file up. Unless that can be silenced in the future I’ve since disconnected them for now.

But I did noticed a few other things odd, and was wondering if anyone else has as well:

My current firmware is 3.0.0.4.384.7968

On the Adaptive Qos screen where it shows the bandwidth meters, the upload meter does not appear to be correct. For example when I’m running a speed test on a device or uploading a large file the meter doesn’t seem to go about 0.50. However I’m receiving a test result of about 42 Mbps from speed tests which makes sense for my internet subscription. Also when uploading large files to my google drive it wasn’t influenced.

The download meter seems to be working fine. I notice the upload is also not being displayed correctly for the devices bar graph below the monitors.

Now when viewing the traffic monitor live, it seems to show upload is occurring. But in the traffic analyzer for the history of the devices the total uploaded amount for all the apps it has logged is really low and no where near accurate. So in general it does not seem it’s capturing upload correctly. Can someone confirm this is a possible bug?

Also one more thing:

In the network map when you bring up the view list it will show some devices with a number next to their respective icons (kind of like badges on iOS) It’s stating that multiple devices are connected through the device. Is there a way to reset these? As I know the devices with number 2-3 don’t really have multiple devices connected. I think it’s because I connected the device on 2.4 then 5 or vis versa and the Mac remained the same but the IP changed. Even with the dhcp expired it still thinks multiple devices are sharing the same Mac. Not sure if this is accurate. Someone with more knowledge please correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dex

Looks like Asus finally fixed this bug in their 3.0.0.4.384.9107 release.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!