What's new

AX92 constant router hangs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Derek Clarkson

New Around Here
There are a bunch of people here with AX92s which are all exhibiting the same fault and I’m hoping some here may have some ideas what the problem might be.

The problem is that periodically the routers wfd0-thrd and/or wfd1-thrd processes start consuming 100% CPU causing the router to hang. At the same time the log fills with “Failed to allocate new ring buffer” messages. This problem (in my experience) can occur anywhere from 90 minutes after a reboot to 24 hours and there is no clear indication of what triggers it.

So far I've ruled out AIMesh, Smart Connect, Roaming Assistant, USB features, AIProtection and Parental controls simply by turning these all off. I've also ruled out all multiple router setups by having the problem occur on a single factory reset AX92.

Any ideas welcome.

Reference threads: RT-AX92u manual settings for stable wireless connection, Slow internet on latest firmware for RT-AX92u

My rt-ax92u just got a firmware update to 384.8697
Looks to bring it in line with the ax88u and ax1100 models.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!