What's new

AX92U Cant connect at 2.4Gbit!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shadowjump

Occasional Visitor
I tried all possible combinations, but max speed is 1.2Gbit.

I tried changing the channels but nothing happens. If I go above channel 100, no device can find the router.
I tried only AX mode, nothing.

These are the settings that I have available! My adapter is an Intel AX201.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-11 200626.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-11 200626.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 145
Try using a new, (never before used/seen), SSID (8 alphanumeric characters only, no spaces, punctuation, smiley faces, or other special characters).

Use 160MHz bandwidth (only).

Reboot the computer and/or plug it into AC power with the battery settings in Performance mode (and check that the Wi-Fi adaptor isn't using any sleep states either).

Make sure you have the latest Intel driver for the adaptor.

Make sure you reboot both the router and the computer and waiting for at least 10 to 15 minutes before attempting to test.

Try using a new, (never before used/seen), SSID (8 alphanumeric characters only, no spaces, punctuation, smiley faces, or other special characters).

Use 160MHz bandwidth (only).

Reboot the computer and/or plug it into AC power with the battery settings in Performance mode (and check that the Wi-Fi adaptor isn't using any sleep states either).

Make sure you have the latest Intel driver for the adaptor.

Make sure you reboot both the router and the computer and waiting for at least 10 to 15 minutes before attempting to test.

What does the SSID have to do? (It hasnt been used before)

Tried only 160MHz

Restarted and have it also connected in AC

Latest driver installed

The router has been restarted several times!

Find the why below.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

You're not very forthcoming with the info, are you?

Wireless Mode must be in Auto.

What is the latest driver, specifically?

What is the computer that is being used?

What/how many streams/antennae is it using?

Find the why below.

L&LD | SmallNetBuilder Forums (snbforums.com)

You're not very forthcoming with the info, are you?

Wireless Mode must be in Auto.

What is the latest driver, specifically?

What is the computer that is being used?

What/how many streams/antennae is it using?

Just changed the setting to Auto.
Driver is 22.0.0.6
The computer is an ROG laptop with the AX201.
Antennas you mean how many cables are connected to the wifi card?

Could it be something with the channels?

(Still 1.2Gbit)

Will try the new drivers now.

ROG Strix G17 (712LV).

Yes, also tried with new SSID.

New drivers, new SSID, still same speed.

WiFi Analyzer also thinks this is the max speed.

From the log I see this:

Stations List
----------------------------------------
idx MAC Associated Authorized RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
40:EC:99:8C:**:** Yes Yes -47dBm ax No Yes Yes Yes 2 80M 1201.0M 1201.0M 00:04:27

Looks like I am only connecting at 80MHz and not 160MHz.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-11 221500.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-11 221500.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
You haven't put the router in strick,160MHz width mode.

You must do all the steps each time a major change is made.

Reboot both the router and the client device.

I'm pretty sure that Wi-Fi Agile Multiband needs to be enabled and if you have any spaces in your new SSID, I'm sure that isn't helping either.

s
You must do all the steps each time a major change is made.

Reboot both the router and the client device.

I'm pretty sure that Wi-Fi Agile Multiband needs to be enabled and if you have any spaces in your new SSID, I'm sure that isn't helping either.

Same.

Chanspec: 5GHz channel 106 80MHz (0xe06a)

Does this work on another band on your router?

If what works?

Perhaps I am limited by the channels?

I also saw this in the log:

DFS status: state In-Service Monitoring(ISM) time elapsed 37200ms radar channel cleared by DFS channel 100/80 (0xE06A)

Channel Information
----------------------------------------
Channel 100 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 104 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 108 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 112 A Band, RADAR Sensitive
Channel 116 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 124 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 128 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 132 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 136 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive
Channel 140 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive

It appears that indeed its a radar problem. It detects radar signals on all open channels (100 to 140).

When I change a setting, it emmits at 160MHz for a few minutes, but then reverts back to 80MHz and the log says:

Channel 120 A Band, RADAR Sensitive, Passive, Temporarily Out of Service for 25 minutes

Is the RT-AX92U not a tri-band router? Can you test using a different band to try to get to 160MHz?

You bought the wrong router then, it seems.

If you haven't done so yet, fully, and minimally reset and configure the router from scratch. Testing at each step and verifying that each addition/change you make/add doesn't break your previous successes (if any).

If that is the best the router can do when at its expected defaults, then it is time to consider another model. (Assuming your client devices are at their expected defaults with minimal customizations too).

You bought the wrong router then, it seems.

If you haven't done so yet, fully, and minimally reset and configure the router from scratch. Testing at each step and verifying that each addition/change you make/add doesn't break your previous successes (if any).

If that is the best the router can do when at its expected defaults, then it is time to consider another model. (Assuming your client devices are at their expected defaults with minimal customizations too).

The thing is, how do I check if the router has extra channels before I buy it? Apparently I need a router from another region to be able to have more channels. Or, from what I saw, there were people enabling the 160MHz channel at lower channels like 40

There are no extra channels. If your region and immediate area prevent you from using them, all routers must adhere to those limitations.

All I can tell you is that an RT-AX88U and an RT-AX86U allow me to use 160MHz channel widths if I want.

What is your region? And from post 15, it seems like you are near a military base and/or an airport too?

Your other (not really a) choice may be to move to a more isolated area if you want to have the fastest connections (even if the transfer rates are not equally as high) as possible.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!